|Previous Episode:||Imitation Krabs|
|Next Episode:||Patty Hype|
"Wormy" is an episode from Season 2.
Sandy Cheeks is taking a trip somewhere, so she leaves SpongeBob and Patrick in charge of her pets. Their favorite one is a caterpillar named Wormy. They play with him for a long time. They do not want the day to end, because they want to play more with Wormy. SpongeBob gives him a 'best friend ribbon' and he and Patrick promise to come back the next morning. Overnight, Wormy turns into a butterfly. The following day, SpongeBob and Patrick find the butterfly in Wormy's jar. They let it go, and then concluded that it must have eaten Wormy (they do not realize that it actually is Wormy having gone through metamorphosis). They start panicking and set up traps, but they do not work, until SpongeBob blows a bubble to trap the butterfly. It goes out of Sandy's Treedome and heads towards the Krusty Krab, where Squidward Tentacles is about to take a picture of Eugene H. Krabs with his first dollar. SpongeBob and Patrick go through the 'secret entrance', and hide inside the boat/counter. They tell them about the 'monster', but Squidward and Mr. Krabs think it is harmless. They look closer, and see a frightening buzzing creature (an extreme close-up of a horsefly), and run away. SpongeBob and Patrick think that the butterfly has eaten them, and warn Bikini Bottom. It is only then that the destruction starts, with a conflagration similar to The Great Fire of London. It is not until Sandy gets back that the terror/tragedy ends.
- Wormy is a Monarch butterfly.
- Wormy's just spent one night completing metamorphism; it takes a very long time for it to turn into a butterfly. In this case, Monarch butterflies usually spend ten to fifteen days in pupation.
- The close up of the butterfly shows the head of a buzzing horse fly, which some people hate.
- During the news flash about the "monster," the live-action stock footage shown suggests that Wormy is actually a female butterfly, due to the thick veins on its wings.
- Wormy as a butterfly, SpongeBob had blown a bubble while they are in the Treedome. How does he blow the bubble with his water helmet on?
- After SpongeBob and Patrick finally lead the butterfly outside, they only open the first door. There are two doors, so the butterfly should've stayed between them, instead of making its way outside.
- When Patrick is with the people holding up SpongeBob and Sandy, he does not have his eyebrows. In addition, later on at one part there, when Sandy's arm is in the way, No eyes of Patrick’s had been drawn.
- When SpongeBob and Patrick first discover Wormy was a butterfly, they both run in different directions, but end up at the same table in the middle of Sandy's Treedome.
- When Patrick says, "Why does this keep happening to me?", tears are shown in his eyes, but he has a water helmet on, thus making it seem unnecessary.
- In some times, during quick action in Sandy's Treedome, you can see bubbles, although there cannot be bubbles if there is no water.
- Another way to tell Patrick and SpongeBob are really idiotic: they think the butterfly is a monster.
- When Squidward and Mr. Krabs are scared by Wormy, they run away leaving their clothes, but 2 underpants are shown. This does not make any sense because Squidward does not even wear underpants or trousers!
- How could Patrick eat an apple if he had a water helmet on?
- Possibly, how could you get to the Krusty Krab by going through a rock and why is the rock in the Krusty Krab
- The episode was aired at the end of the 3rd of Nick's Nonstop Five at Five.
- This is the first episode to air in 2001. The previous episode, Imitation Krabs, aired in 2000.
- Sandy's pets:
- mouse(eaten by snaky)
- 3 flies
- little lizard
- bug (ladybug)