|The Two Faces of Squidward|
|Previous Episode:||What Ever Happened to SpongeBob?|
"The Two Faces of Squidward" is an episode from Season 5.
- Squidward (The Handsome Man)
- Patrick Star
- Mr. Krabs
- Other Bikini Bottomites
- Gary the Snail
- Dr. Gill Gilliam
- Sadie Rechid
- Nat Peterson
It is a very busy day at the Krusty Krab. during this busy time, SpongeBob and visiting neighbor Patrick are playing together while ignoring the angry customers...and Squidward, who begins to argue with them. Finally, Squidward has had it and heads to the kitchen to deal with SpongeBob himself, only for SpongeBob to slam the door open on Squidward. This breaks the face of Squidward, and is soon at the hospital. While there SpongeBob gives Dr. Gill Gilliam an annoyingly dramatic scene. The doctor is able to tell SpongeBob to wait two weeks before Squidward's bandages can be removed. Oddly enough, it seems like two weeks have already passed. SpongeBob is already at the hospital, where he gives an old lady flowers (in which she can't remember what her favorite color of flowers are). Soon, he arrives to Squidward's room. Squidward was able to tell Gill Gilliam that he does not want SpongeBob anywhere near him, which Dr. Gill Gilliam says to SpongeBob, only for him to ignore it. After many tries for the bandages to be removed, only for SpongeBob to interrupt annoyingly, they're removed. The doctor and his nurse faint with glee, but SpongeBob and Squidward are dumbfounded. It turns out that Squidward's injury caused him to become handsome, or a hunk as SpongeBob called him. Soon, all of Bikini Bottom is full of glee and happiness due to Squidward's new face. In fact, it causes a few fish to become better or receive some of their mobility back! (one old lady, not the one SpongeBob saw earlier, was able to walk again after being in a wheelchair...all thanks to Squidward!) Squidward soon obtains a limo, and with SpongeBob, sighs in happiness over his new found fame...for now. Not long after he gets home, everyone in the city crowds around his house, and remain there the whole night. The next morning, they still want him to come out, and he does. As a result, everyone jumps on Squidward, where he's able to escape back into his house. Not long after, his shirt and his Clarinet are stolen. This also adds to the fact that Squidward has no privacy when doing things such as taking a bath. After this, Squidward is tired of the fame, and runs to the Krusty Krab to get SpongeBob for help. With everyone in the city just outside of locked doors that were locked as such due to Mr. Krabs, for some reason, SpongeBob continues to smack the door into Squidward to repeat the very incident that caused Squidward to become handsome in the first place. It does not work, but instead, causes Squidward to become even more handsome. Soon, SpongeBob spots a shoe, (which came off the foot of a fish when Squidward caused him to fly earlier), smash through the roof and moves directly toward Squidward. There is a slow motion scene of SpongeBob pushing Squidward out of the way of the shoe (the shoe hitting SpongeBob and ultimately causing no injury whatsoever) and into a support column of the building. The end result causes Squidward's face to return to normal. Mr. Krabs is upset over the departure of everyone, and tries to get Squidward's face back to its handsome look, but is unsuccessful.
- The song SpongeBob and Patrick sing is in the tune of "Mary had a Little Lamb".
- Dr. Gill Gilliam is seen in this episode as he was prior to the episode: Once Bitten, as having a purple color. His voice is also different.
- The Nurse is named Nurse Rechid (see Sadie Rechid). This may also be a reference to Nurse Ratched from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.
- The doctor on the television is the same doctor seen in episode: All that Glitters. The actor probably had a chance to be a doctor.
- But the doctor looked like a blue Fred.
- This is one of the only episodes where SpongeBob and Squidward actually act as close friends.
- This is the second the Bikini Bottomites were chanting outside Squidwards house. The first was Christmas Who?
- Squidward was so handsome that miracles happened: he made a man fly, he made a blind Harold see again, he made Mary stand-up and walk again.
- In past episodes SpongeBob was not seen in hairy legs, but in this episode, at the part where he was trimming his toe nails, he was seen with very hairy legs.
- At the near end of this episode Squidward became more handsome and bigger. Since he was bigger his old clothes would not fit him and in this case his clothes become bigger too.
- This is the second episode to feature main characters in true form in the title card. The first episode to do this is Friend or Foe?.
- When the episode starts, we can hear SpongeBob and Patrick singing in the kitchen. A few seconds later, we see them and SpongeBob is not wearing his Krusty Krab uniform hat. Squidward, annoyed by the singing says "Welcome to the Krusty Krab, where it's like the evolutionary clock ticks backwards." Still singing, we see SpongeBob in the kitchen again but this time, he is wearing the hat.
- There are two famous song bits at the end where Squidward becomes more handsome. One of which is from the opera Pagliacci - Vesti la giubba by Ruggero Leoncavallo.
- When Squidward made that fish fly with his handsomeness, in mid air, his shoe fell off. This was in the town of Bikini Bottom over some buildings. Later, at the end of the episode, the same shoe crashes through the roof of the Krusty Krab. This is not possible unless he was really high in the sky.
- Despite the title, we see three faces of Squidward. His normal form, the new handsome one, and the super handsome face.
- The first sentence in the episode is said by Squidward while he says:
'Welcome to the Krusty Krab where its almost as if the revolutionary clock ticks backwards'
- At the end it probably turns out Squidward becomes handsome again but we dont get to see it
- This is the third time the Bikini Bottomites are the main antagonists. The first and second are Squirrel Jokes and The Sponge Who can Fly.
- First time Squidward is the victim of the Bikini Bottomite antagonists.
- Squidward breaks the fourth wall by turning to the camera and saying "Welcome to the Krusty Krab where its almost as if the revolutionary clock ticks backwards", because he is talking to the audience.
- How did Squidward get a hairy chest if he only got hit in the face?