|The Great Snail Race|
|Next Episode:||Mid-Life Crustacean|
The Great Snail Race is an episode from Season 3.
Time Cards ShownEdit
2 hours later...
When Squidward gets a purebred snail named Snellie and decides to enter it in The Great Snail Race, SpongeBob decides to do the same with Gary, and Patrick decides to do the same and entered Rocky, who is a rock, in the race. SpongeBob, however pushes Gary just a bit too far while admitting that he is in the best shape of his life. The race looked pretty obvious and you just knew who was going to win. Who will win it? Well actually, Snellie did not win, while Gary exploded when he hit the wall. Snellie came back for Gary because they loved each other and they are both disqualified. Rocky won the race. Patrick knows Squidward wanted to win the Snail Race so Patrick engraved the trophy to Squidward Tortellini. After seeing his mispelled name, Squidward says, "Will I ever win?" SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward then laugh, until Sandy comes in and kicks SpongeBob in the rear, saying, "That's for yesterday, SquarePants!"
- The mailman is humming the same tune as the start of the race just before he delivers the package to Squidward.
- The camera reveals Patrick was standing on Squidward's shoulders. However, Patrick's legs are not seen on Squidward's shoulders when he is seen in SpongeBob's window.
- The mailman mistakes Squidward's family name as "Tennisballs". Patrick mistakes it for "Tent Poles". Patrick had the trophy engraved to "Squidward Tortellini".
- The music played during the title card and while the band were playing was Now That We're Men from The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie without the lyrics. The font is Tartarsauce Erc.
- This is the episode where Kelp Powder was introduced. SpongeBob mixed it with nails and raw eggs for Gary to drink to make him stronger.
- In one shot, Squidward's snail is seen about 3 inches away from the finish line. Although, when the next shot on her is seen, she is behind the point she was in the first shot. Unless Squidward's snail decided to go back and go behind that point, this is a goof.
- How could a rock win a snail race?
- There is a book that comes along with this episode.
- The scene where the announcer is describing the race appears in the movie "Cloverfield" in an LCD TV.
- Larry Luciano is too old for the torch, but can they retire/replace him.
- Did the people let Patrick in or did Patrick sneak in? Because they wouldn't let Rocky in the race.
- In one shot, Gary crashed into a wall of tires. In the next one, he is by the wall, but the tires are gone. Then Gary magically appeared in the middle of the field.
- All of the main characters appear in this episode except for Eugene H. Krabs and Sheldon J. Plankton.