|The Gift of Gum|
|Airdate:||Feburary 19, 2007|
|Previous Episode:||Best Day Ever|
|Next Episode:||Friend or Foe?|
The Gift of Gum is the last episode from Season 4.
On Best Friend's Day, SpongeBob gives Patrick a robo-butler, and Patrick gives SpongeBob a wad of used gum he has amassed over his entire lifetime (fondly referred to as "Gummy"), and SpongeBob finds it a better gift than his own. However, when he takes it home, it starts to scare him including a segment where a pair of underpants crawls out of the gum, slides up to SpongeBob, and says in a demonic voice "You're not Patrick!". So first, he tries to hide it in the trash bin, but when Patrick comes, he says he gave it a makeover. Then when he tries to hide it in a hole, he says he wants to look at it from a better angle. Then he pretends to steal it, but instead frees some people stuck in the wad of gum. Finally, the gum explodes onto SpongeBob's Pineapple, Squidward's Easter Island Head, and Patrick's rock, and sticks to SpongeBob, Squidward, and Sandy. At the end, SpongeBob gives it back to Patrick and eats all of the gum to free SpongeBob, but burps it out again and covers the entire town in gum.
- This episode is not shown as much as the other episode since it is aired with The Best Day Ever.
- This episode aired in Germany, Latin America and The UK before it aired in the United States.
- When SpongeBob is giving Gummy back to Patrick, he tells him that it is still Best Friends Day. However, the episode took place over two days.
- When SpongeBob gets hit by the truck, he is dressed up as a burglar, but in the next day he is in his normal clothing.
- When Patrick was eating Gummy in the next scene the title card for the episode appears in the background.
- This episode replaced an episode that was going to be called "Uncle Sherm's Visit" but it never aired.
- When the truck was stuck by the gum, the front wheel was accelerating, and only the back wheel should be moving.
- And where did the truck go after it crashes into SpongeBob?
- If you payed attention, Gary zipped his mouth and eyes with his... arm?
- The gum was originally going to be colored blue, but the writers changed it to pink.
- The truck can't possibly break in half.
- It is possible that SpongeBob and Patrick made up Best Friends Day since they have made up several holidays.
- This is the last episode of Season 4.
- In the game creator for SpongeBob.com, one of the backgrounds consists of the town being covered in gum, making a reference to this episode.
- If Gummy was dirty and covered in stuff, how come SpongeBob, Patrick, Squidward, and Sandy did not get covered in the stuff when they got covered in gum in last scene?