|Previous Episode:||Just One Bite|
|Next Episode:||Nasty Patty|
"The Bully" is an episode from Season 3.
- Flats the Flounder
- Mrs. Puff
- Citizens of Bikini Bottom
- Flats' Dad
- SpongeBob's House
- Mrs. Puff's Boating School
- Bikini Bottom Hospital
- Downtown Bikini Bottom
- Krusty Krab
- Jellyfish Fields
It is a normal day in the boating school until SpongeBob meets a new student in his Boating class, Flats. Flats threatens to "kick his butt" and SpongeBob panics. He tries to escape but is unable to. SpongeBob turns to Mrs. Puff for help but she does not seem to get his point and tells Flats what SpongeBob has said about him, thus making things even worse. Flats's father is also unable to help SpongeBob, and tells him that he will also now have his butt kicked by Flats, who suddenly appears. Back inside the school, the phone rings; SpongeBob answers it and hears Patrick on the line. SpongeBob asked Patrick for help, but Patrick reveals that he and Flats were college buddies. Flats continues to pursue SpongeBob outside school but during the course of his pursuit is badly injured when a truck he is driving overturns. Flats ends up in hospital, his life having been saved by SpongeBob. However even now he is determined to kick SpongeBob's butt. When Flats finally gets a chance to kick SpongeBob’s butt, he gets angry because, as SpongeBob is a sponge, he absorbs Flat's punch. Flats continues to punch SpongeBob until they are back in school - Flats gets so tired of beating SpongeBob up, he collapses as SpongeBob gives a little speech about bullying. SpongeBob has his arm raised during his speech, but at that moment Mrs. Puff comes in and sees SpongeBob's raised fist and Flats laying on the floor. Mrs. Puff misunderstands, believing that SpongeBob had beaten up Flats and cries angrily to SpongeBob that "I'm gonna kick your butt!"
- If you listen closely in the background while SpongeBob and Flats are talking, you can hear Mrs. Puff saying "blah blah blah red light blah blah blah green light blah speed".
- Flats is seen driving a dump truck in the episode, which makes the fact that he is in boating school seem illogical unless Flats had his license suspended/confiscated.
- When it first showed Flats come in the classroom and the students were clapping, SpongeBob could not be seen.
- Banana peels are not strong enough to damage and slip the entire truck down.
- SpongeBob says to Mrs. Puff, "Can I be in a different class?" she answers "Why?" which might mean she actually cares about him. But why is she not happy that SpongeBob wanted to be in a different class if she wanted him gone in the first place, first hinted in "No Free Rides" where Mrs. Puff said, "Okay SpongeBob, all you have to do to get your driver's license, and never have to come around here again.
- When SpongeBob talks to Flat's father Flats tells his father not to talk to strangers,but Flats cannot be the boss because his father is supposed to be the boss
- When Flats is about to hit SpongeBob the music in the background is the same music from the movie "Signs" starring Mel Gibson
- It does not make sense that SpongeBob gets punched by Flats and does not feel it- this suggests he has no bones, but in other episodes he has bones; he either has no bones in his mouth or the creators were referencing the fact that his species have no spine and thus no bones. Alternatively it was a goof.