|The Algae's Always Greener|
|Previous Episode:||Sandy, SpongeBob and the Worm|
|Next Episode:||SpongeGuard on Duty|
"The Algae's Always Greener" is an episode from Season 3.
- Old Man Jenkins
- Bikini Bottomites
- Mr. Krabs
At the Krusty Krab, Old Man Jenkins grabs a bottle of ketchup and heads to a table. Since he is old, he accidentally shoots it at a wall. Plankton is inside a capsule that is inside the bottle of ketchup, and doesn’t expect this. He has been fired, through the wall, and landed in Eugene H. Krabs office. Mr. Krabs throws him back to the Chum Bucket, and he tries to think of a new plan. His W.I.F.E insists that he uses the machine he made last Tuesday. So he used the machine to swap lives with Mr. Krabs (and gets rid of Mr. Krabs), then he woke up in Mr. Krabs' desk. There is a name plate reading Mr. Plankton, and there is a photo of him with Mr. Krabs' teenaged daughter, Pearl. He only cares about the Krabby Patties, and neglects everyone else. SpongeBob is promoted to co-cashier, where he tears the restaurant down. Squidward Tentacles is at the grill and makes horrible garbage burgers, because he says he likes his life to be a little less yellow (without SpongeBob). Then, Pearl Krabs rushes into the Krusty Krab, and she asks Plankton to have some allowance.Plankton gives her only 1 dollar, and Pearl cries and cries until Plankton swallows all the tear water, then Nat presses hard on Plankton and tells him SpongeBob and Squidward gave him a nasty patty and a large-sized soda ("I soiled the name of the Krusty Krab! Soiled it! Soiled it!" SpongeBob says).Then, just as Plankton gets ready to snap, an alarm goes off, and the naked Mr. Krabs (who is now playing Plankton's role as the villain), now named "Krabs", comes in, destroying the restaurant and trying to steal the Krabby Patty formula. SpongeBob SquarePants shoots a bikini at Krabs, and he must throw the Krabby Patty back. Then, the customers have a *victory screech*, and Krabs says that he'll come back tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day, and the next day, and the next day, and the next day, and the next day, (then on the telephone), and the next day, and the next day, and the next day, and the next day (Plankton screams). Plankton rips out his Mr. Krabs uniform, and presses the button again to go back to the present time in real life, and then eats Holographic Meatloaf.
- The title is a parody of the sayings The Grass Is Always Greener on the Other Side of the Hill or The Grass Is Always Greener on the Other Side of the Fence.
- A live shrimp features in this episode.
- When Plankton is talking to Karen about the life swapper device when he is drinking, his soda cup moved across the table without Plankton touching it.
- Plankton reveals in this episode that his restaurant, the Chum Bucket does not have any food.
- Some people call this episode "The Kelp's Always Greener" sometimes.
- The patty that Plankton takes a closer look at resembles the nasty patty from the episode: Nasty Patty.
- It seems that although Plankton had switched lives with Krabs, the restaurant is still called the Krusty Krab.
- The quote Plankton says to Karen before he switches lives with Mr. Krabs (Rolling stones gather no algae) is similar to an old saying, Rolling stones gather no moss.
- When SpongeBob says, he is around here somewhere the captions say, he's around here somewhere.
- Plankton can afford holographs but not food.
- SpongeBob acted as if he wanted to hear if he needed improvement on anything. But when Plankton said he did SpongeBob was sad and crazy.
- The mask Plankton wears as he tries to steal the Krabby Patty looks similar to the one worn by The Gimp in Pulp Fiction.
- Plankton had the perfect chance to get the Krabby Patty formula the entire time he switched lives with Mr. Krabs, though he possibly didn't think he would be turning back to normal.
- There was a drink on the other side of the table and Plankton said something. He kept talking and a few seconds later it was right in front of Plankton.
- This is a spoof off a song called Reunited played by Peaches and Herb in 1978. The lyrics actually go Reunited and it feels so good.
- The Algae's Always Greener is a take off on the quote the grass is much greener on the other side. By the way, that line is used in the theme song to another Nicktoon, "As Told By Ginger".
- How can Mr. Krabs get on the telephone if he doesn't have a phone or has some clothes to have the phone inside?
- This is the first time Mr. Krabs is completely naked. The second is Best Frenemies.
- Nancy said the same (not exactly) line "He ate my children's homework!" from Sandy, SpongeBob and the Worm. If she means the Alaskan Bull Worm, she said it instead of he.
- This is the one and only episode with a shrimp.
- Before we see Plankton wearing Mr Krabs's outfit.Tom was seen running with the Krabby Patty.But when Plankton realizes he wearing Mr Krabs's outfit.Tom seen again running with the Krabby Patty
- When Plankton lands in Mr. Krabs office, the zipper on his mouth is open. When Mr. Krabs picks him up, the zipper is closed.
When Mr. Krabs shoots him out of the Krusty Krab, it is closed again.
- When Plankton looks closely at the patty made by Spongebob, there is a chunk of wood in it, which makes no sense because there are no trees (besides sandy's) under water. It is also possible that it is from a sunken boat.
- running gag: when mr. krabs flicks plankton and says "so long shrimp!" a shrimp is walking out the door.
- This is the last episode to use digatal ink and paint