|Suction Cup Symphony|
|Next Episode:||Not Normal|
"Suction Cup Symphony" is an episode from Season 6.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Billboard workers
- Orchestra members
- Orchestra audience
- Random boyhead
- Nat Peterson
- Sadie Rechid
- Richard A. Bottomfeeder
- Squidward's House
- Outside SpongeBob's House
SpongeBob, planting flowers in his yard, hears Squidward making fart noises (In reality he's just practicing with his clarinet). He then sees two construction workers putting up a billboard sign. Knowing that Squidward is "embarrassed" by it, he rushes over to the billboard workers and tries to tell them to stop doing that. Squidward notices what is going on, and yells at them. The billboard workers say "Excuse me," and finish a billboard saying "Original compositions wanted!" for the Bikini Bottom Orchestra. Excited, Squidward starts writing a musical piece. SpongeBob and Patrick show up in his room, and Squidward kicks them out. Patrick, who broke his butt, claims that he needs to go to the doctor, but does not have health insurance because he does not work, SpongeBob becomes a doctor, and tries to help Patrick, but it makes a lot of noise. Distracting him, Squidward opens his window and starts screaming them for the noise that they are making. This pretty much goes on for a while, with a clock shown to show us how much time has gone by. Finally, after hours of working, Squidward finally finishes his piece and rushes to the orchestra. He shows them the piece, and they accept it.
Later on, Squidward walks on to the stage, bows, and starts conducting his piece. The orchestra members start to play it, but find SpongeBob being a doctor to Patrick by making noise again. Wondering why they are there, Squidward notices that he had drawn everything that they did on the piece of music! Squidward, frustrated, continues conducting, watching every little thing that SpongeBob and Patrick did earlier, eventually, Patrick flips in the air, and lands on Squidward. Squidward then gets on his feet, and yells at Patrick for being an idiot, but then notices the audience is still there. Turning around, he blushes, and the audience members start clapping, claiming "Now, that's what I call music!" SpongeBob then remarks that Squidward is a great composer, and Squidward bows for the final time. Then Patrick blows up Squidward's head.Then the sceen turns black and then theres a pop noise.
- This is the second time SpongeBob was seen gardening. The first was in episode My Pretty Seahorse.
- This is the second time Squidward has been seen conducting a band, the first time being in the episode Band Geeks.
- If you look closely at the x-ray, you will notice that Patrick has a cracked skull. This must be from "Patrick SmartPants" when Patrick fell from the cliff.
- SpongeBob is seen giving Patrick a lot of x-rays during the performance, even though he only did it once to Patrick while Squidward was writing the piece.
- This episode appeared as a part of the Gimme 5 special.
- This is the second appearance of the Laugh Machine. The first was Funny Pants.
- Squidward dreamed of becoming a famous composer.
- This is the second time that a rainbow appeared in Squidward's brain. The first was in Breath Of Fresh Squidward.
- Squidward's rainbow can wobble and splatter to the floor.
- Factual Error: Patrick cannot have any bones because he is an invertebrate.
- This is the second time someone has broken their butt. In the episode I Had an Accident, SpongeBob also breaks his butt. In this episode, however, he thinks breaking your butt is ridiculous.
- When Squidward is done writing his song, he has the same face in Squid's Day Off.
- This is the third time Squidward dreamed to be a musician. The first was Sleepy Time and the second was SquidBob TentaclePants.
- The Dutch Version aired on November 22, 2008.
- This is the third time things float around the screen. The first is Fear of a Krabby Patty. The second is Skill Crane.
- Johnny has a different voice in this episode.
- You can see an overall view of the stadium, and SpongeBob and Patrick are clearly not there. Of course, they could come from the crowd, but they aren't there!