|Next Episode:||That's No Lady|
"Squidtastic Voyage" is an episode from Season 4.
Time Cards ShownEdit
Two Hours Later
At SpongeBob's House, Patrick and SpongeBob are dancing to music. The music is shaking Squidward's house and Squidward tells them to lower the volume and accidentally swallows his Clarinet. SpongeBob comes over to Squidward's house and tries to get the clarinet out. He gets some of it out, but not all of it. The clarinet reed is still in Squidward's throat, causing Squidward to make clarinet sounds. Squidward is taken to Sandy's Treedome where Sandy tells SpongeBob about her new invention which includes the submarine that she is going to shrink, so she can remove the reed from Squidward's throat. She entrusts SpongeBob with the responsibility of guarding the submarine and SpongeBob does so by walking around, looking out for any trouble. Patrick walks by and encourages SpongeBob to guard the submarine inside the submarine.
They go in there and guard it when Patrick presses the shrink button, shrinking the submarine. Sandy comes back and notices them. She guides them to Squidward's brain. There, SpongeBob and Patrick start to hit parts of the brain, causing Squidward to lose self-control. For a moment, SpongeBob and Patrick actually fight each other for control of the vehicle and land in Squidward's stomach, where the gastric acid starts to eat the submarine away. Patrick thinks of an idea: If Squidward can drink soda, then bubbles would surround them and it would refuel the submarine. Squidward drinks soda and the plan suddenly starts to work. They travel through the throat where SpongeBob removes the clarinet reed by doing what he was born to do: dance. He returns to the submarine. Now that the job is done Squidward wants them out of his body and tells them to get out of it : Patrick mishears this and presses a grow button. Sandy, SpongeBob and Squidward say, "No!" at the same time and then we see Squidward come to work at the Krusty Krab. Mr. Krabs is startled when he sees the giant submarine in his stomach. At the end, in the submarine, Patrick complains about the submarine's toilet being clogged and Squidward gets frustrated.
- This episodes title and plot spoofed the 1966 Sci-Fi film: Fantastic Voyage
- Reverse whirlpool is a reference to Xiaolin Showdown
- At the beginning, SpongeBob does a moonwalk.
- When SpongeBob spins in the form of a wheel to move the submarine, it is a reference to Sonic the Hedgehog's Sonic Spin from all of his games produced by Sega.
- This is the 3rd popular cartoon series (not about popularity) produced by Nickelodeon Inc to parody the film Fantastic Voyage, the first was a short from Fairly OddParents and the second was Journey to the Center of Carl, a short from the TV-series based on a film called Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius.
- All the time, Squidward accidentally swallowed his mouthpiece, not the reed!
- All that Glitters re-aired with this episode.
- Sandy would be unable to smell Squidward's bad breathe if she has her fresh air dome on.
- Music from Rock Bottom and Ugh! is heard.
- The beginning of the episode is similar to Jellyfish Jam
- In the UK this episode was aired along with That's No Lady
- The German title, in English, means "The Squid Voyage"
- Squidward cannot stop making clarinet noises in the beginning because he swallows the whole clarinet at first, yet he can speak just fine in Sandy's submarine lab.
- This also aired with Chimps Ahoy!
- This episode is similar to "Sandy's Rocket", by the fact that SpongeBob and Patrick stumble into one of Sandy's complicated machines.
- SpongeBob refers to SB-129 when he says, "Squidward! You swallowed your Clarinet again!
- This is the second time Mr. Krabs said "Neptune's Trousers". The first time was in Whale of a Birthday
- Closed-captioning error: when SpongeBob and Patrick are dancing at the beginning, SpongeBob says, "Tropical breeze!" However, the captions said "Tropical waves" instead.
- The episode is a pun on the movie Fantastic Voyage
- When SpongeBob and Patrick are traveling through Squidward, Sandy says, "Careful SpongeBob. This submarine is approximately 17 times harder to drive than a boat mobile, which you've never successfully done!" However, she is wrong; SpongeBob has successfully driven a boat twice. The first was in Boating School and the second was in Mrs. Puff, You're Fired.
- How can Squidward burp or gulp with the reed/mouthpiece in his throat?
- This is probably the episode where Patrick is most stupid for many reasons: 1. Shrinking the sub after SpongeBob says he had to guard it. 2. Destroying the air tanks/controls. And 3. Pushing the GROW button when Squidward said Go.
- This episode was the first to air on HRT2 on September 22, 2008. However, the Croatian dubbers edited in real body interiors, and the episode was banned permanently, as well as the rest of the series.
- However, on September 30, 2015, the episode was accidentally re-aired, ending up in complaints.
- This marks the first time that Squidward is in Sandy's treedome.
- When SpongeBob and Squidward are in Sandy's treedome, the bowls on their heads have the opening oriented up, like in Tea at the Treedome and Chimps Ahoy.
- If Sandy is genius, how does she not know what the mouthpiece (or reed) is called? She calls it the pointy thing.
- The title card BG is like the part when SpongeBob and Patrick enter Squidward's brain except without the sub.