|Previous Episode:||Fungus Among Us|
|Next Episode:||Boat Smarts|
"Spy Buddies" is an episode from Season 5.
- Krusty Krab
- SpongeBob's House
- Guppies R Us
- Other places around Bikini Bottom
- Chum Bucket
- Stamp Store
The Episode starts with a figure like Plankton opening the safe for the formula inside the Krusty Krab. It is actually Mr. Krabs when SpongeBob turns on the light. Then Squidward comes in says 'Hi', but leaves soon after because Mr. Krabs asked the two employees if they could work on a mission. SpongeBob accepts the mission in a loud manner and soon after, Patrick joins in loudly. Mr. Krabs gives them both a talking Krabby Patty. Back at SpongeBob's house, SpongeBob and Patrick listen to the mission followed by a self destruct to the patty. To get the Spy Gadgets, they go to the Treedome to get weapons and gadgets from Sandy. She shows them all her gadgets and says that the boys can't use them, but Patrick uses Sandy's favorite Gadget; "The Knock-out ray" to put Sandy to sleep causing them to take the Gadgets. They go downtown and check out what Plankton is doing. He enters the shop, Guppies 'R' Us. Nothing is too suspicious. Then Plankton buys a stamp and SpongeBob tells Mr. Krabs all the stuff he has done. Later on, SpongeBob and Patrick are 'Quietly' behind Plankton although he can hear them. Eventually Plankton gets burned because of a microscope burn that SpongeBob used to allow close attention. Later, at night time, SpongeBob and Patrick are at the Chum Bucket roof trying to get in the 'SPY WAY'. They get caught by Plankton and they get a menu to eat. Patrick needs to go to the toilet and he becomes very tempted to go, until instead of that, the laser gun down his pants fires and destroys the Chum Bucket! Plankton gets out a blimp from under the restaurant and he hovers over the Krusty Krab, making Mr. Krabs thinking that night had come early. Squidward said that it was the time of the month for Plankton to strike again. When Mr. Krabs tells the people to get into their positions, Squidward runs into the Men’s Toilet. Mr. Krabs said that if he wanted customers, he could have them by sucking them trough and cannon and hitting the blimp, causing it to blow up and destroy the restaurant. Plankton then says: "I always win!" SpongeBob replies and says that Plankton never wins. It is then revealed that Plankton was Mr. Krabs, Mr. Krabs was a robot and inside was Plankton. The reason was, was that they both had a bet that they could see if Mr. Krabs could steal his own formula being under the name as Plankton! Then Patrick says, Wait a minute! And he rips off a costume that is revealed to be Squidward, and then SpongeBob questions the real one and rips off his skin! The fake Squidward is then Sandy, then it is SpongeBob. SpongeBob then takes off his disguise and it is Patrick, but it is a joke and they both rip off their costumes and they are back to normal. They all laugh until another Patrick comes in and bewilders SpongeBob.
- Plankton is using the Robot Mr. Krabs in this episode. it also makes a small appearance in New Leaf and it has a very major appearance in Imitation Krabs.
- This is the second time Mr. Krabs and Plankton switch roles. The first was The Algae's Always Greener
- 'Guppies R Us' is a parody of Babies "R" Us.
- The intro to this episode is the same song as the credits to Action League NOW: The Series.
- Patrick does not seem to worry when the Krabby Patty exploded; the reason was starfish such as himself can regenerate themselves.
- This is the first and only time there has been a front combination lock at the Krusty Krab.
- The combination to the lock is 2,6,8 and 4.
- In this episode, Mr. Krabs says that Plankton has been trying to steal the formula for 20 years, but in episode Plankton's Army, Mr. Krabs said Plankton has been trying to steal it for 25 years (The only possible way for this to happen is if Spy Buddies, Imitation Krabs, and New Leaf takes place before Plankton's Army happens).
- When Patrick is looking at SpongeBob through the straw, SpongeBob acted he was James Bond and the gun was replaced with his spatula.
- As you can see in the intro, Plankton (disguised as Mr. Krabs) could have stole the krabby patty formula.
- Also, if Plankton was Mr. Krabs at the Krusty Krab this whole time, why didn't he steal the formula in the beginning?
- Plankton says he tried to get the formula 37 times, if he was trying to get the formula for more than 20 years, he probably got the formula more than 37 times. Although he really says he almost had it 37 times.
- At the end of the episode Mr. Krabs said happily that he was not only able to beat Plankton again, but he was able to destroy the Chum Bucket in the process and laughs at Plankton. What Mr. Krabs did not notice was that The Krusty Krab was also destroyed in the process.
- If Plankton was in the Mr.Krabs robot in the intro how did he know the combination to the Krusty Krab's lock?
- Plankton can't be set on fire, because they're underwater.
- After the Chum Bucket gets destroyed, the setting suddenly turned day.
- The quote "This patty will self-destruct in ten seconds." is a reference to Mission Impossible film, the tape say "This message will self-destruct in ten seconds."
- When this episode is on Nickleodeon, the info mistakenly calls it SpyBob.
- If Patrick is actually Patrick at the end (with Squidward, SpongeBob, and Sandy costumes), if he ripped his skin the first time, why doesn't it show the inside of him like Squidward? Unless Patrick wanted those costumes.
- On the chalkboard, when Mr. Krabs put baby clothes, the way he put it, it looks like he put baby and clothes separately, like saying Plankton bought a baby and clothes.
- Why would Mr. Krabs want SpongeBob and Patrick to eat at the Chum Bucket? He acted all friendly.
- Why did Mr. Krabs and Plankton act like who they were dressed as? like when the Chum Bucket blew up Mr. Krabs said, "Destroy my resturaunt, eh?" Unless he had to be in complete character so SpongeBob and Patrick didn't figure out.
- It is unknown of what Plankton was using the Mail Stamp for although in Plankton's Army Plankton mailed his family so it is possible that He was buying a Stamp for his family letter in this episode.