|SpongeBob SquarePants vs. The Big One|
|Airdate:||April 17, 2009 (United States)|
April 20, 2009 (Canada)
September 11, 2009 (United Kingdom)
March 23, 2009 (Australia and New Zealand)
March 5, 2009 (DVD)
|Previous Episode:||Grooming Gary|
|Next Episode:||Porous Pockets|
"SpongeBob SquarePants vs. The Big One" is an episode from Season 6.
- Mr. Krabs
- Jack Kahuna Laguna
- Flying Dutchman
- Group on Deserted Island
- Awesome Eddie
- Big G
- Chip (fish)
- Silent Stan
- The Gnarly Pounders (Surfers)
- Davy Jones (as himself)
- Aunt Sally (Mentioned)
- Larry the Lobster
- Nat Peterson
- The Big One
- Krusty Krab
- Goo Lagoon
- The 'Island'
- Kahmamoku Cove
- Dutchman's Triangle
- Real-life Davy Jones' locker
- House made of Guano
SpongeBob and Squidward are getting really hot at the Krusty Krab, so Mr. Krabs takes them to the beach to sell Krabby Patties. There, they find Sandy and Patrick. When Patrick wants to buy a Krabby Patty, Patrick gets on and the surfboard tips and flings SpongeBob, Patrick, Sandy, Squidward, and Mr. Krabs all to different places. Mr. Krabs is in The Dutchman's Triangle, Sandy is on an island; so are SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward, but they're on different islands. SpongeBob, Patrick and Squidward meet 5 people and they tell them that the only way back to Bikini Bottom is to surf there. SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward swim to JKL learn how to surf to get back to Bikini Bottom. JKL tells them just to keep breathing. Then, they learn how to surf and then the Big One, a perfect wave formed by the certain alignment of the planets, comes. SpongeBob gets them back to Bikini Bottom and everyone throws them a party.
- After "Help Wanted", "Tea at the Treedome", "Neptune's Spatula", "Best Day Ever", SpongeBob's Last Stand, "I'm Your Biggest Fanatic", "Whatever Happened to SpongeBob?", "Greasy Buffoons", and "Wet Painters"
- Before Suction Cup Symphony, "Snowball Effect", and "Pat No Pay"
- A few days after Sailor Mouth
- Seven months after "Plankton!"
- Johnny Depp guest voices.
- Davy Jones guest stars as himself.
- This episode reveals next to Ice cream, pizza, krabby patties, and chicken Patrick likes nachos. The episode also reveals that Patrick used to be called "The Big One".
- Twitch is a reference to the Holes character of the same name.
- The Dutchman Triangle is a parody of the Bermuda Triangle.
- This is the 4th episode with "vs." in the title. The first was Krabs vs. Plankton, the second was SpongeBob vs. The Patty Gadget, and the third was Mermaid Man vs SpongeBob.
- The title card is similar to Culture Shock, only the background is blue.
- In German this episode is called "Die Welle zurück", which translates to "The wave back".
- Jack Kahuna Laguna's nickname is JKL.
- There is a game based on this episode called Beach Party Cook-Off.
- This is the only special in season 6 and its the 10th special of the series.
- If it takes The Big One to send them home, they would need The Big One to get there. But JKL says The Big One comes every thousand years or so. However, Sandy's Wave, which was the one that got them trapped, was not The Big One.
- When Davy Jones throws the sock, it is real. But when it hits the Flying Dutchmen, it is a cartoon.
- SpongeBob said he never surfed before, but he surfed in Texas, Ripped Pants, and Pranks a Lot.
- The password to the SpongeBob Surf Shorts on Nick.com is Wave
- How does a wave come to life anyway? All in all, why are there waves underwater? They go overwater.
- The DVD of this episode was released before it aired on TV.
- Who got sacrificed? It's possible that it was Patrick's surfboard.
- Twitch said he and the others wouldn't go in the river even if SpongeBob paid him. So how did he appear at the end of the episode?
- The Flying Dutchman says he's never seen Mr. Krabs before. But he did in the episode Born Again Krabs and also in Money Talks and Arrgh!. He also knew his Aunt Sally, but this may be because of his beard.
- The German title card is very different. It has a sun setting on it.
- This is the first time that Mr. Krabs calls the cash register Cashy. In Banned in Bikini Bottom he calls it Betsy.
- Jack Kahuna Laguna looks more like a human than a fish.
- From where did [[SpongeBob get the bongos when they where riding The Big One?
- In German they call The Big One, The Monster.
- In this episode every Krabby Patty costs 3 dollars each.
- In the episode Pat No Pay, Mr. Krabs says that Patrick will never eat a Krabby Patty in his life. It is possible that this episode takes place before that episode.
- For a sacrifice they could have just thrown Mr. Krabs's beard to The Big One, Squidward would've thrown SpongeBob (as he hates SpongeBob).
- This episode and Night Light mark the most guest stars in one episode.
- Strangely, in the end, when Twitch's group is at the party, Awesome Eddie isn't there. (It is possible he was the one sacrificed.)
- It is revealed that the Flying Dutchman dated Mr. Krabs's Aunt Sally in High School.
- Squidward doesn't know who Sandy is in this episode. But, he's seen her before and in SquidBob Tentaclepants he knew her name. He was even under her care in Squidtastic Voyage.
- In a couple of other countries (including New Zealand) this episode is called SpongeBob and The Big Wave.