|SpongeBob Meets The Strangler|
|Previous Episode:||The Sponge Who Could Fly|
|Next Episode:||Pranks a Lot|
"SpongeBob Meets the Strangler" is an episode from Season 3.
Time Cards ShownEdit
- 20 minutes later
- 6 hours later
- TattleTale Strangler
- Mr. Krabs
- Larry the Lobster
- Mrs. Puff
- Everyone else at party
- Bikini Bottom Police Force
- Krusty Krab
- SpongeBob's House
- Bikini Bottom Jail
- Barg'n Mart
- Bikini Bottom Mall
- Tough Tavern
SpongeBob meets a stranger. After calling the police on the stranger for littering, Squidward says that the stranger is, in fact, the Tattle-Tale Strangler. Seconds later, the Strangler escapes, looking for SpongeBob. SpongeBob looks for a bodyguard for protection, but no one would take the job when they found out the Strangler was after him. The Strangler later finds out and takes the job to kill him. He dons a disguise (a fake, 5-cent Moustache) and finds SpongeBob. SpongeBob says that he just hopes the strangler's hands aren't dirty, which then shows the strangler looking at his disgusting hands and laughing.
He then realizes he needs a quiet place to strangle him, but SpongeBob needs to run some errands first. They are faced by every possible delay, and they finally get to SpongeBob's house. SpongeBob realizes he lost his key and looks for it in his pockets for 20 minutes. The Strangler decides to get though a window a bit high up and asks SpongeBob to climb on his shoulders. SpongeBob, now with sharp cleats on his shoes, attempts to jump on his shoulders, instead landing directly in his eyes. He struggles to pull them out for 6 straight hours, finally pulling them out and then putting bandages on his damaged corneas.
After that SpongeBob says he has a key under the mat he has almost forgot about. The Strangler then locks the doors and starts to choke SpongeBob. The lights then turn on, revealing a "100% on-time average" surprise party. SpongeBob acts surprised, asking how they knew, with Patrick saying that they just did what the invitations told them to do. The party goes on for a considerable length of time. The Strangler then attempts to choke him again, but the guests come back for a birthday party for SpongeBob. Finally alone, he tries again, but then Patrick shows up for some odd reason. The Strangler tries to get rid of him, saying:"He could be the Strangler in disguise". Patrick then runs off, breaking through the wall and leaving a hole the shape of a star so he can turn himself in thinking he was the Strangler.
SpongeBob is then confused and thinks that Patrick is the Strangler. The real Strangler, enraged, reveals Patrick isn't the Strangler, he is, and reveals himself (by taking off his fake mustache), but SpongeBob still doesn't resist, finding out that Patrick isn't the strangler and is amazed how he has ripped off his Mustache without shaving cream. The Strangler says "Oh, it's a fake, you idiot! I bought it at the party store!"
The Guests return overhearing the word "party." The Strangler runs away, but SpongeBob goes after him, saying he still needs protection from the "strangler". He takes a series of escape vehicles (taxi, plane, a parachute made of SpongeBob) but SpongeBob catches up every time. He lands in the police department in a jail cell and SpongeBob learns the truth. The Strangler says "At least I'm safe from that yellow idiot!" Soon after, the Strangler finds Patrick (who still thinks he's the strangler) in his cell, who asks, "Hey mac, what're ya in for?". Once again the Strangler is stuck with another idiot, but a much dumber one.
- This episode was originally titled "Litterbug".
- If SpongeBob cannot get his "butt" kicked by Flats in The Bully, it is doubtful that the Strangler could strangle him, although Flats was just punching SpongeBob, and the Strangler would strangle SpongeBob, so the Strangler could possibly strangle SpongeBob.
- The pay check says the Strangler's moustache is from "The Phony Baloney Moustache Emporium". However, the Strangler says it's from the party store later on.
- When SpongeBob and the Tattle Tale Strangler stop laughing evily after the bus sees them, part of the Strangler's shirt disappears.
- When SpongeBob arrives with the Strangler at his house, the bamboo wallpaper is up. But when the party is revealed, the wallpaper changes to green with flowers. When the party members leave, it changes back to the old wallpaper, then back to the flower wallpaper when the party members arrive again.
- In the Korean version, the police did not say anything about SpongeBob being a tattle-tale.
- When SpongeBob is in front of his house looking for his key, he doesn't have a mat, but when he gets the key the mat is there.
- When SpongeBob inserts the card in, he was technically 99.9% on time since it was a second after the hand struck the hour. As for Squidward, he was 99.7% on time since he came seconds after SpongeBob did, it would be 12% if it was almost 2 minutes after SpongeBob put the card in.
- This is one of the ten episodes in which the title card has an animation. The others are SB-129, Pre-Hibernation Week, One Krab's Trash, Idiot Box, Skill Crane, Karate Island, All that Glitters, The Donut of Shame, and The Krabby Kronicle.
- Why would Squidward come to SpongeBob's party if Squidward hates SpongeBob?
- Unless Patrick broke through the jail cell, why would the police put him in jail if they know he's not the Strangler?
- This is the second time Patrick is called tubby. The first time was in No Weenies Allowed.
- How did Patrick just magically appear from the ground if he left?
- SpongeBob not noticing his "bodyguard" is the strangler is very weird. Until the end, which is very unlikely.
- The Strangler's wanted poster is seen twice. Both times, there is a different number.
- In this episode, SpongeBob has a 100% on-time average record. But in Club SpongeBob, he is stuck up the beanstalk for three days, in another episode, he was 3 hours late for work, and in Hooky, he was 2 minutes late.
- The 5 cents tag was not on the mustache before we saw Mr. Strangler's fake mustache.
- Again, the mat wasn't there when everything was going bad. The first time that happened was Party Pooper Pants.
- SpongeBob wasn't wearing those cleats when Mr. Strangler is trying to reach the window.