|Airdate:||June 1, 2009|
|Previous Episode:||Sand Castles in the Sand|
|Next Episode:||Chum Bucket Supreme|
Shell Shocked is an episode from Season 6.
After SpongeBob hears a noise down in his kitchen, he finds Gary hiding in a boot. Then when SpongeBob touches Gary's shell, it breaks! Then SpongeBob tries to find out how to fix Gary's shell, but then, he sees a commercial for Angry Jack's Shell Emporium, where the prices are very cheap. When SpongeBob and Gary get there, SpongeBob starts to break all of the shells. Which makes Angry Jack angry for real. Then SpongeBob gets kicked out. Then SpongeBob finds a box in a dumpster, then it becomes Gary's replacement shell. Out of no where come Mr. Krabs and that's when SpongeBob gets an idea. He uses Mr. Krabs' shell as Gary's shell. However, this leaves Mr. Krabs very cold. After giving him a blanket, Gary locks SpongeBob out so he won't have to deal with his bad puns all night.
- The pulsating shell-less Gary scene is accurate since snails' shells contain their organs.
- Angry Jack broke the 4th wall when he asked to get the numbers out of his face.
- How does Gary fit into a boot?
- This is the fourth time Gary breaks his shell. The other three episodes were Gary Takes a Bath, Where's Gary, and What Ever Happened to SpongeBob?.
- The second time Gary cried. The first time was in Fools in April.
- This is the second time Mr. Krabs is seen without a shell. The first time was in Shell of a Man (Episode)
- The second time something bad happens when SpongeBob trips. The first time was in Your Shoe's Untied.
- When Gary tries on SpongeBob's pants, they get soaked in slime, but in the next scene, the pants disappear. How can this be?
- This episode premiered as part of Nickelodeon's Deep Sea Danger Zone.
- Dee Snyder guest stars as Angry Jack.
- Running gag: SpongeBob keeps breaking shells.
- Things Angry Jack asked SpongeBob to pay him with:
- One arm and one leg
- An internal organ
- An eye
- And his clothes
But later, all of these things were back because he can grow back his appendages (See Graveyard Shift).
- This is the second time SpongeBob has to pay for something with his clothes, the first was in All that Glitters.
- When SpongeBob is in a helmet, his shoulders seem to be through the helmet.
- Snail shells aren't made of glass.
- Somehow in the shell store, the shelves are like dominoes, but all those shelves weren't in the store.
- After all the shells break, you see a shell land to the left of SpongeBob that looks like Gary's and is unharmed, yet angry Jack says SpongeBob broke every shell.
- Mr. Jack says that the metal shell is indestructible, but yet SpongeBob broke it! How? Of course, SpongeBob can be pretty stupid sometimes, so that's why that broke, even though it shouldn't have.
- Mr. Krabs' head is on Gary, but we see him completely naked, where's the rest of him?
- When SpongeBob says,"Why can't I stop breaking shells," it is slower than on the commercial.
- When Mr. Krabs asks for the blanket, the part that cover his eyes are red. After he walks out, it turns pink.