|Airdate:||May 1, 1999|
|Previous Episode:||Help Wanted|
|Next Episode:||Tea at the Treedome|
"Reef Blower" is an episode from Season 1.
Squidward walks outside and sees a shell on his lawn. He believes that it ruins the appearance of his lawn, so he pretends to accidentally kick it onto SpongeBob's lawn. Suddenly, SpongeBob pops out of his window and sees the shell. He also believes that it ruins the appearance of his lawn, so he gets his "reef blower" (an underwater version of a leaf blower) out of his garage. He turns it on, much to the annoyance of Squidward. Squidward plugs his ears and SpongeBob struggles to blow the shell away. Frustrated, he blows a large column of sand onto Squidward. To fix this problem, SpongeBob blows the sand off, which irritates Squidward's eyes. SpongeBob peers over at his sidewalk and sees a pile. A subtitle "You" appears as SpongeBob points at the pile. He then sucks the pile of sand into the reef blower, which malfunctions. The sand and a few mechanical gears blow out. So, SpongeBob unzips the reef blower and puts them in himself. When the reef blower refuses to start, SpongeBob pulls the cord to an extreme distance and it finally starts. However, it sucks in all of the water. The reef blower then explodes, leaving piles of sand all over Squidward's lawn, while SpongeBob's lawn is perfectly clean. Satisfied, SpongeBob goes back inside, while the shell lands on Squidward's nose.
- When shown on TV this episode and Help Wanted are literally stuck together. The title card for this episode pops up as soon as Help Wanted finishes with no commercials in-between.
- Squidward is shown in this episode to be purple over water. This was changed later.
- This is the shortest episode to date, with a length of approximately 3-4 minutes.
- After SpongeBob cleaned his path and when his reef blower threw up, there was a crash SFX and that crashing noise shows up a lot on The Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss.
- How can SpongeBob have eyebrows?, he only has 3 eyelashes.
- Although this is the only episode that is silent, SpongeBob says "You", but only his lips say it. The word is seen at the bottom.
- This is the first episode where SpongeBob's garage is seen.
- This is the first time a reef blower was used to ruin Squidward's day, the other time being in Squidville.
- The reef blower was too small to have all the water in Bikini Bottom.
- The episode was orginally going to have dialogue, although the recording equipment was broken.
- This is the only episode to have no title card music, just the sound of bubbles.
- This is the only episode that doesn't have any dialogue due to recording equipment breaking.
- This episode is the only episode to skip the opening credits.
- Some fans hate this episode for being bland and boring and with no sound equipment one user on TV.com
- even considered it the worst spongebob episode.