|Next Episode:||Grandma's Kisses|
"Patty Hype" is an episode from Season 2.
- Mr. Krabs
- Hungry and thirsty guy
- Bikini Bottom residents
- Harold (man in suit)
- Old Man Jenkins
- Scottish Fish
- 3 girls
- Larry the Lobster
- 46853 other fish
- Spiders in the Krusty Krab
The Krusty Krab is filled with cobwebs and even a skeleton, and has had no customers in weeks. One man crawls in claiming that he has not had any food or drink in 3 days. SpongeBob immediately gives him a Krabby Patty, and the stranger refuses. He says that there's no atmosphere in the Krusty Krab, and resumes his search for food and a theme. Mr. Krabs needs an idea, and SpongeBob gives him one. He thinks of 'Pretty Patties', which are Krabby Patties, except they come in a variety of colors. Squidward and Mr. Krabs laugh at him, and say that it's a terrible idea. They even create other ideas such as sequin milkshakes and bowtie French fries to mock SpongeBob, which angers him. He makes a stall by his home selling Pretty Patties and business goes up (albeit after quite a while). Mr. Krabs sees this on the news and decides to take a look. SpongeBob is now serving the 46,853rd customer and had a large sum of money, in fact, that he was giving it away (which of course, allowed them to get back in line to buy more Pretty Patties). Mr. Krabs says that he's never had that many customers in such a small amount of time. He gives SpongeBob the Krusty Krab in exchange for the 'Pretty Patties' stall (as SpongeBob missed the Krusty Krab). However, all the customers want a refund when the Pretty Patties turn them different colors, and start chasing Mr. Krabs around. He calls to SpongeBob for help, but he can't hear him because he's concentrating on the squeaky pickles.
- This episode was originally called "Pretty Patties".
- In earlier showings of this episode, including the version available on iTunes, SpongeBob's first customer eats a blue patty instead of a purple one. Now when this episode is shown on TV, he eats a purple patty.
- When the man who had not eaten in three days leaves the Krusty Krab because it is too boring, you can hear him moan "Food...Water...Atmosphere..." However, the man is already underwater and therefore could not be dying of thirst.
- In Tom's first appearance in this episode, he is light green. But when Mr. Krabs is burying himself alive, Tom can be seen in the crowd and he is his normal color.
- The idea of inflatable pants was later used in the episode The Sponge Who Could Fly. Like in this episode, the idea is laughed at by the rest of the town at first, and both pants eventually pop.
- A very similar episode to this is called Best Frenemies. only that this time it has Plankton and Patrick is absent.
- Patty Hype is the partner and second episode in the episode pair with Wormy. However, sometimes, Patty Hype is the first episode and the second episode after it is not Wormy.
- Based on what was said in this episode there are at least 46,853 fish that live in Bikini Bottom. (Or maybe some fish traveled from different parts of the sea just to try the Pretty Patties.)
- How could a dog live underwater? (unless it was a sea dog of course).
- What happened to Patrick after he gave away the free money? When Mr. Krabs took the Pretty Patty stand from SpongeBob, he and the stand were the only things there. Where did Patrick go?
- The colored patties is a shoot reference to the Apple's iMac.