|Airdate:||August 5, 2008|
|Previous Episode:||No Nose Knows|
|Next Episode:||Plankton's Regular|
"Patty Caper" is an episode from Season 6.
- Mr. Krabs
- Officer Nancy
- Officer John
- Judge Horace A. Whopper
At the Krusty Krab, Mr. Krabs calls SpongeBob and tells him they are out of the secret ingredient. SpongeBob retrieves it in a briefcase, but when he opens it he finds that the ingredient is missing and there is a hole in the top of the case. With Patrick's help, SpongeBob goes around asking his friends questions. Sandy is proven innocent when she says she just bought patties and recieved a reciet. Plankton is proven innocent when he said he just made his version of the patty since he doesn't know the secret ingredient. Gary is proven innocent when SpongeBob made up a story that's impossible to happen. In anger for their accusions Gary tells them that he saw Squidward leave with a black case. But Squidward is proven innocent when he said he just left with the case for a tap-dancing contest and the case contained his tap-dancing shoes and he won 3rd place. Unsuccessful, the two go back to the Krusty Krab and report their fiasco to Mr. Krabs, who says that SpongeBob stole it and sold it to Plankton. The Cops hear everything and attempts to arrest SpongeBob until Mr. Krabs points at SpongeBob even with the secret ingredient in his hand! The Cops become Furious and demand to know the story. Mr. Krabs says he didn't want to pay $1.99 for the ingredient so he stole it to avoid paying and to frame SpongeBob for the theft. Mr. Krabs is arrested and is then forced to give away Krabby Patties for free all day as a punishment.
- The people who were accused, and how they were:
- Plankton: He had his own version of the Krabby Patty, but SpongeBob never explained how he could have stolen it. He was on raw sewage when SpongeBob came.
- Sandy: She used an invisibility potion and snuck in, and used a time freezing ray, to use a laser to cut a hole in the case and get it. Sandy said that she just bought the Krabby Patties.
- Gary: Gary snuck on to one of the choppers, and when SpongeBob stopped to tighten his socks, he shot acid out of his eyes, and stole the ingredient. It was deemed impossible by both of them.
- Squidward: Gary said Squidward was walking out of the Krusty Krab with a black suitcase. Squidward shows them that the case contained his tap dancing shoes, in which he won 3rd place in a tap dance competition
- SpongeBob: Mr. Krabs thought that he set up a decoy, then swept down when no one was looking and stole it, then went to the Chum Bucket, and sold it to Plankton for a dollar.
- Mr. Krabs: He was the one who stole it, because he didn't want to pay just for the ingredient so took it to avoid paying and to frame SpongeBob or anybody as a cover-up.
- It is revealed that Plankton had every ingredient of the Krabby Patty formula figured out except the secret ingredient, and that it starts with R-Z.
- Patrick is the only person that didn't get accused of stealing the recipe.
- Water would have flooded Sandy's dome if SpongeBob were to dig a hole to get inside.
- SpongeBob was tending to the cashier, so who was making the Krabby Patties?
- If Squidward has four feet, then why did he have two tap dance shoes in the black case?
- How can people sneak up on SpongeBob if there are guards around?
- This is the third time Mr. Krabs goes to court. The first was in Krabs vs. Plankton, and the second was in The Krusty Sponge.
- Interestingly, ever since Season 4, Mr. Krabs goes to court once every season.
- How can Squidward lift his own house to get SpongeBob and Patrick out?
- This is one of the few episodes where Squidward isn't seen working at the Krusty Krab.
- You don't actually have to wait until the end to find out the culprit, because in the beginning, Mr. Krabs said the whole restaurant is running out of the secret ingredient... and showed the bottle of the secret ingredient to SpongeBob!
- SpongeBob gives the customers the free Krabby Patties, but they never say how much they want.
- Plankton's Krabby Patty is similar to the Nasty Patty.
- Ever since this episode, Patrick is shown to be an ambidextrous. While in Krusty Towers and Patrick SmartPants, he writes with his left while in this episode and Sing a Song of Patrick and Sand Castles in the Sand, he writes with his right.
- There is a similar episode title called The Great Patty Caper.