|Previous Episode:||New Leaf|
|Next Episode:||Bummer Vacation|
"Once Bitten" is an episode from Season 4
- Mr. Krabs
- Dr. Gill Gilliam
- Perch Perkins
- People of Bikini Bottom
- Nat Peterson
- The date of this episode is on a Sunday, Day and probably through lunch.
Squidward is happy on this day because it is Sunday! So on Sunday in Bikini Bottom, Squidward walks out of his home and slips on Gary's slime-trail. He gets mad and erects a fence of cheap splintery wood to protect him, and Gary the Snail bites him. Soon after that Patrick enters SpongeBob's House and tells SpongeBob about Mad Snail Disease. SpongeBob becomes a bit worried because Gary was acting strange. Later, Squidward asks SpongeBob if Gary has had all of his shots. SpongeBob says that he has forgotten to give him his "mad snail disease" shot, a disease Patrick had mentioned beforehand. Just then, Gary runs off and starts to bite everybody in sight. Patrick tells SpongeBob and Squidward about the symptoms of the disease, one of which at the end is turning into a zombie. Bikini Bottom gets burned and wrecked as everybody scrambles to evacuate the city this becomes a huge issue in the whole town. Soon, almost everybody gets bitten and believes they have turned into zombies. Those who have not fled are trapped in the Krusty Krab. SpongeBob tries to get in, but they believe he is a zombie. He slips through the doors. The citizens believe that Patrick and SpongeBob are zombies. Then people are accusing of people to be zombies... Just then Gary comes in, much to the frightening of the civilians. Gary bites SpongeBob. A Bikini Bottom doctor, Dr. Gill Gilliam, comes inside and says that the disease is just an urban legend and Gary was just suffering from a tree-sized splinter in his foot from Squidward's large wooden fence. The episode ends with Gary biting Mr. Krabs although this was unknown why....
- The ending is a parody of an Ed, Edd n Eddy episode "Little Ed Blue" where Johnny 2x4 pulls a rock out of Ed's shoe, curing Ed of his bad and destructive mood during the episode.
- The plot of this episode appears to be a parody of classic zombie movies such as 28 Days Later, Night of the Living Dead, and most notably, Shaun of the Dead, and Dawn of the Dead.
- Around the end, most people who were not "infected" fled and locked themselves in the Krusty Krab. This is what happened in Dawn of the Dead.
- This episode is similar to the viral outbreak in the Resident Evil series, when Raccoon City is infected with a virus and all of the citizens became zombies. Also, when SpongeBob is first attacked by the zombies, some of the zombies are in police uniform, which is similar to the zombies in Resident Evil 2.
- Mad Snail Disease is a parody of Mad Cow Disease. The disease for snails is like rabies.
- The people evacuating Bikini Bottom could be references to numerous films notably Armageddon, Deep Impact, Independence Day, and War of the Worlds.
- The evacuation itself may be reference to the Houston, Texas evacuation of the very dangerous Hurricane Rita in 2005.
- Patrick says to Squidward that he has severely untrimmed toenails but Squidward does not have human-like feet, he has tentacles.
- This is the second time Mr.Krabs' butt is tortured. The first was Clams.
- The episode's title is a parody of the song by rock band Great White's Once Bitten, Twice Shy.
- Mr. Krabs says the phrase "all's well that ends well" at the end of the episode, which is the name of one of William Shakespeare's many plays. In the Koloa Brothers' parody episode of "Hamlet" is called "Amulet", at the beginning of the story Amulet (one of the Koloa Brothers) says the phrase "all's not well that ends not well" by Ophelia (his brother), Horatio (Man #1 in the Window) says that in Shakespeare's day, all of the women's roles are played by men, Polonius (Man #2 in the Garage) says that Shakespeare's a great guy, Amulet's young lad (Boy #1) did the right thing.
- Gill Gilliam's name seems to be taken from Squilliam Fancyson. Squilliam and Gilliam both rhyme with William.
- When Dr. Gill Gilliam pulls the splinter out of Gary, it turns into a giant pointy log.
- At the end of the episode, in the Krusty Krab, the doors were locked. However, Squidward is able to enter. Since no one unlocked the door, how is that possible?
- When Squidward surrounds himself with large logs covered with barbed wire, Gary is seen climbing up one of them without barbed wire. How is that possible?
- Most of the episodes Dr.Gilliam skin is purple and once his skin is orange.
- S.E. and S.D.E stands for snail expert and snail disease expert respectively.
- At the end Dr.gill Gilliam just found out the mad snail disease but it was all over the news
- This is the Second Episode with Zombies in it the first was in the Nasty Patty and the Third was in the Krusty Sponge.
- Nat Peterson is one of the "Zombies", but before Squidward comes into the Krusty Krab, you can see Nat climb up the wall of the Krusty Krab.