|Mermaidman and Barnacleboy VI: The Motion Picture|
|Previous Episode:||Enemy In-Law|
|Next Episode:||Patrick SmartPants|
Mermaidman and Barnacleboy: The Motion Picture is an episode from Season 4.
- Mr. Krabs
- Mermaid Man
- Barnacle Boy
- Kelp Thing
- Mermaidman and Barnacleboy Fan Club Members (which they all are anchovies)
- Nerd from Weenie Hut Juniors in the episode: No Weenies Allowed
- Retired men and women
- Old Man Jenkins
- Mermaidman and Barnacleboy Fan Club
- Krusty Krab Inside and Outside.
Original Crew for movieEdit
- SpongeBob: Director
- Patrick: Cameraman
- Mermaid Man: Main Character/protagonist
- Barnacle Boy: Main Character/protagonist
- Kelp Thing: Main Antagonist
- Pearl on wheels: The Invisible Boat Mobile
- Nat Peterson: Invisible Boat Mobile puller
- Plankton: Boom Operator
- Sandy: Stunts and Explosives Handler
- Squidward: Make-up Artist
- Mr. Krabs: Screenplay
SpongeBob and Patrick are at a Mermaidman and Barnacleboy fan club meeting, where they learn a new movie will be made based on the heroes... played by younger actors. SpongeBob tells the club members that they must boycott the movie, but he and Patrick just get thrown out of the building. Instead, the boys go to Shady Shoals and tell Mermaidman and Barnacleboy that Drippy Brothers Studios is making a movie about them with new actors. The heroes find the news horrible. Patrick suggests they make their own movie. Everybody likes the idea. After coming up with ideas, SpongeBob and the crew (Sandy, Pearl, Mr. Krabs, Patrick, Squidward, Mermaidman and Barnacleboy) meet to make the movie. SpongeBob is in charge of the movie. Squidward, the makeup artist, prepares the actors for the movie. Sandy is in charge of using the dynamite for explosion scenes. Mr. Krabs will cater the crew while Pearl is the leading lady. Patrick's the cameraman and Mermaidman and Barnacleboy are the stars. Plankton auditions for Man Ray, but can't have the part because the villain's not in the movie, so he works the boom instead. Mermaidman has trouble with one of his lines and it takes 5,003 takes to get it right until Plankton accidentally shoves the boom into his mouth. A scene is filmed where Mermaidman and Barnacleboy ride their boat mobile (Pearl as The Invisible Boat Mobile) to Kelp-Thing's hideout. Pearl is too heavy to pull, so Nat, who is pulling her speed off the mountain, crashing into the sets. Mr. Krabs would cater the crew and Pearl was the leading lady. Patrick filmed it with the lens cap on, with everything destroyed; there is no footage of the movie. SpongeBob, who goes berserk, knows the movie is ruined. Mermaidman convinces him to finish the movie and goes on. Mr. Krabs has a premiere night for SpongeBob's production in his restaurant, hoping to make a bundle from the movie. The leader of the Mermaidman and Barnacleboy Fan Club does pay a lot of money to buy 200 tickets on opening night, but only because the Drippy Bros. production is sold out, and the entire fan club (except SpongeBob, Patrick, Mermaidman and Barnacleboy) does not like it because it looks like an old timey movie, skips some recorded dialogue, is about two minutes in lenght, and shows Sandy doing the stunts . However, Mermaidman is glad that SpongeBob proved he and Barnacleboy had "action" left in their old bones.
- In some close-up scenes of SpongeBob, he appears more green than yellow.
- Drippy Brothers Studios are a parody of Warner Bros. Pictures, a division of Time Warner.
- The Patty Vault from Just One Bite appears in the final film.
- In Shady Shoals, the bingo announcer says "A 29" despite the fact there is no "A" in "Bingo".
- Mermaidman gets a boom mike stuck in his mouth. Ironically, John Kricfalusi had to redo a similar gag from a Ren and Stimpy episode only a decade before because Nick censors felt it looked too suggestive.
- This episode is the basis on SpongeBob's video game Lights, Camera, Pants.
- You can see the weenie (nerd) from episode No Weenies Allowed who sat in Weenie Hut Juniors.
- This is the only episode in the Mermaidman and Barnacleboy mini-series to have a title card that is different from the usual title card.
- Mermaid Man's Belt is purple since Mermaidman and Barnacleboy IV.
- The movie SpongeBob and Patrick made mentions a place called Fort Lox. The name is a spoof on the name Fort Knox, which houses tons of gold.
- No need for SpongeBob to freak out. Just before Pearl crashes into Patrick and SpongeBob, there is no lens cap on the camera.
- How do Mermaidman and Barnacleboy get back to normal after the first BOOM!!! if they were just all horribly deformed?
- Close Caption Error. When it is supposed to say Mermaidman and Barnacleboy Unite, It says Nacleboy Boy instead of Barnacle.
- Plankton is wearing Man Ray's helmet in small size.
- In every movie Mr.Krabs participates in, He wants the plot to invovle Krabby Patties being stolen by somebody.
- When they start the movie in the Krusty Krab you can see the original version of Spongebob.
- This is the first episode of Mermaid Boy and Barnacle Boy to have Eugene H. Krabs.