|Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy II|
|Next Episode:||Your Shoe's Untied|
|Guest stars:|| Ernest Borgnine as Mermaid Man|
Tim Conway as Barnacle Boy
Charles Nelson Reilly as Dirty Bubble
"Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy II" is the last episode from Season 1.
- Mermaid Man
- Barnacle Boy
- Dirty Bubble
- Atomic Flounder
- Competition results announcer
- Jumbo Shrimp
- People at Shady Shoals rest home
SpongeBob is watching his favorite show, The Adventures of Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy. He has entered a competition, and is listening eagerly to see if he's won the mystery prize. The announcer declares the winner as "SpringBoob SquirePin". However, it is actually SpongeBob SquarePants, as the announcer did not "pronounce it correctly". SpongeBob has won the "conch signal", a conch whose noise is a signal which Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy respond to. However, SpongeBob constantly sounds it in order to get them to do favors. Annoyed, Barnacle Boy shouts at SpongeBob, who says that he just wants to spend time with them. They spend time together, with SpongeBob dressed as a superhero. In the street, Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy see an old man, who was once The Atomic Flounder. SpongeBob attacks the old man but is stopped. At a restaurant, Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy ask SpongeBob to find their theme song on a jukebox. They run outside and hope to escape from SpongeBob, but get trapped by The Dirty Bubble. SpongeBob pops the Dirty Bubble with a pencil tip, saving the day. Then SpongeBob, Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy sing in Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy's Invisible Boat Mobile.
- The song that was sung is a parody of a song about Batman and Robin, of which Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy are parodies of.
- This is the first "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy" episode in which SpongeBob appears without Patrick. The second is Mermaidman vs SpongeBob.
- This was also the only "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy" where the title card has purple waves. The other five have blue waves on the title card. This episode's theme music is also different from other Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy episodes.
- When Mermaid Man tells SpongeBob that, maybe, the conch Signal is too much responsibility, the television in his house shows only a red screen, instead of black screen or a moving picture.
- This was the last episode to use traditional cel animation. All episodes from Something Smells onward use digital ink and paint.
- This is the first appearance of the Mermalair.
- When Mermaid Man said "Activate torpedo mode!", regular closed captioning said "Torpedo mode!"
- This is the last episode of the first season. The first episode of the second season, Something Smells, aired the same year.
- The Mermalair is a parody of Batman's Batcave.