|Airdate:||March 3, 2008|
|Previous Episode:||House Fancy|
|Next Episode:||Penny Foolish|
Krabby Road is an episode from Season 6.
Time Cards ShownEdit
- One Week Later...
- Plankton and the Patty Stealers (SpongeBob Patrick Plankton, and Squidward)
- Frank (prison guard)
- New Guard
- Mr. Krabs (mentioned many times)
- Time To Feed Him
- Brush Brush Brush My Teeth
- I Wish I Was Griding Up Krabby Patties
After breaking out of Bikini Bottom Jail by hiding behind a mustache (when he escapes, he wears it like a wig), Plankton comes back to the Chum Bucket, only to be kicked out by a selfish Karen, who is fed up with him. After looking through his things, he finds a guitar. SpongeBob, whom of which was singing along happily to a censored song about the Krabby Patty formula, comes to find Plankton and thinks that he is in a rock band. Plankton happily agrees to it as a plot to steal the formula. Patrick joins after showing a talent of using his belly as kettle drums, following along with Squidward joining because he wants the fame. SpongeBob, Patrick, and Plankton go to "rehearsal", only come to find out that the name of their band is called "Plankton And The Patty Stealers." They receive t-shirts, with Patrick wanting pink to make it look like a tattoo, and start to "write" a song. Plankton tries to get them to write a song about the Krabby Patty formula, but is unsuccessful. Meanwhile, Squidward is lifting weights to get a great athletic body for when he gets famous. A little bit later on, Squidward has a great body, and the "band" heads for the Krusty Krab for their first "gig." Upon arrival, Plankton ditches them to go steal the formula, only to find out that they have been surrounded by police. They catch Plankton and put him in jail. The episode ends with SpongeBob saying that they have 22 more years until the next band practice.
- The title of the episode is a parody of the classic Beatles Abbey Road album. Abbey Road Studios (The recording studio of the Beatles) is also used for music recording and a mixing facility for the SpongeBob SquarePants Movie. Krabby Road is also an album on the Nickelodeon short Plankton's Holiday Hits by Plankton, in which it is image features Plankton crossing the street in the same fashion as on the real Abbey Road album cover.
- This episode premiered along with a rerun of "20,000 Patties Under the Sea".
- The first song Patrick played on his belly was The William Tell Overture, a work composed by Gioachino Rossini.
- This episode was part of the Gimme 5 special on Nickelodeon.
- This is the second time all these characters have been in a band together. The first was "Band Geeks"
- This is the third time that SpongeBob wears a wig. The first was in "No Weenies Allowed" and the second was in "Wigstruck".
- This is the second time that Squidward becomes muscular.
- It is revealed that Patrick can change his hair style and the location of the hair on his body quickly.
- Mr. Krabs did not appear in this episode, but was mentioned several times.
- In the end, Plankton said that he could not escape from prison, but the bars were wide enough for him to squeeze out.
- This is the third time Plankton is shown as a baby. The first was in Friend or Foe?. The second was in Goo Goo Gas.
- When Plankton hooks up the machine to SpongeBob to try to get him to reveal the Krabby Patty secret formula, SpongeBob sings, "Time to feed him. Time to feed him. Now it is Gary's feeding time." and "Brush, brush, brush my teeth. Gently keep them clean." If you listen closely, you can hear the SpongeBob sings the teeth brushing song to the tune of the popular song "Row, Row, Row Your Boat" and the feeding time song to "Oh My Darling, Clementine".
- Patrick tells SpongeBob that he discovered where boogers come from, yet in The Battle of Bikini Bottom he digs a booger out of his nose.
- This is the first episode where Squidward has a major role but never gets angry!
- [quidward also is seen playing left-handed when the group is warming up in the Krusty Krab, but later is seen holding the guitar right-handed outside the restaurant.
- When the Krabby Patty formula was revealed the ingredients were written in Gibberish (English letters that did not spell a real word). But the amount of each ingredient was written in normal English.
- It is unknown how Plankton got into jail but in The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie. Plankton got put behind bars. Which means that this episode could take place after the movie. But what's strange is that the movie takes place after all the episodes and the whole series(revealed by Stephen Hillenburg), so Krabby Road can't possibly take place right after the movie, even the Krusty Krab 2 was not shown. Besides, Plankton was at normal jail here in this episode, and was taken to the "Institute for the Criminally Tiny" in the movie.
- The shirt that Squidward was dressed in for the band with the skull on it resembled the Punisher's shirt.
- The name of Plankton's band is Plankton and the Patty Stealers, the name is probably a parody of the football team The Pittsburgh Steelers.
- When Plankton is about to enter the Krusty Krab, the sound clip that Plankton repeatedly plays on his old-fashioned record player in the episode Plankton! plays, but we do not see the record player.
- When Squidward is done working out, he comes in SpongeBob's House with a bass guitar. Then when they start playing all together, Squidward is playing the clarinet. How can this be?
- If Plankton tries to steal the formula in before episodes, how come the police never knew?
- Why is the Chum Bucket back if Stanley blew it up in Stanley S. SquarePants? Plankton may have built another one, but then how did he get the materials if he has no money?