|Previous Episode:||Whale of a Birthday|
|Next Episode:||All that Glitters|
"Karate Island" is an episode from Season 4
The episode starts with SpongeBob receiving a letter with a video in it from the local postman. SpongeBob inserts the video and it says that SpongeBob is invited to Karate Island to be crowned "King of Karate". SpongeBob is excited and brags about it to Sandy, Sandy decides to come with SpongeBob to "Check It Out". When they arrive, they hop off the boat and proceed to meet a supposed "Karate Legend". He invites them both in and continues to tell SpongeBob that he is truly the King of Karate. Sandy becomes suspicious when the supposed Karate Legend tells SpongeBob to sit on his throne leaving Sandy to sit on a small wooden chair. Sandy then talks to SpongeBob about him being the supposed "King of Karate". SpongeBob keeps bragging about his accomplishment, which makes Sandy angry and causes her to leave. Suddenly, metal cuffs surround SpongeBob's hands and trap him from escaping. Finally, the supposed Karate legend tells SpongeBob that he is here to sell real estate into buying the condos on Karate Island. It is revealed after the sentence that the island is called Condo Island. SpongeBob Screams help while Sandy,(who is almost at the boat) turns around and says "SpongeBob needs no help, he's the "King Of Karate". SpongeBob yells out and says that he needs help so Sandy replies and says "Im comin to get ya SpongeBob" and she runs towards the condos that SpongeBob is trapped in. Sandy makes it to the building and she finds The Tickler, wanting to fight. Sandy had to beat him to proceed and make it to the top were SpongeBob was being held captive. She defeated him by throwing numerous jelly filled donuts at him. In the next floor, Sandy faced off against Lip Service. She defeated her by getting a blow-dryer and chapping her lips. Victorious again, Sandy went to the next floor to face Filthy Phil. He released his horrible body odor, but Sandy was not affected by this because the odor could not penetrate her fresh air dome. Surprised, Phil accidentally smelled some of his own body odor, and he passed out. Sandy then got to the floor were the fake King of Karate and The Conman are. Sandy and Udon had a huge fight that could have ended up either way. Sandy emerged victorious and threw Udon out of the window, falling into the shallow ocean. SpongeBob was thankful and apologized to Sandy saying that he was not what he said he was. Sandy and SpongeBob leave Condo Island. The last scene ends with Squidward coming up to the island claiming to him self that the "King of Clarinets" is here.
- Pat Morita guest voices in this episode.
- Karate Island is voted by many fans as the most popular SpongeBob episode ever. Karate Island was voted Episode #1 in the Best day Ever Marathon in the US. However, many other viewers think otherwise (especially on tv.com), and say this episode, along with Whale of a Birthday, is the worst SpongeBob episode ever.
- Ever since the "The Best Day Ever" marathon, the Pat Morita memorial picture has been removed for an unknown reason, although it is still sometimes shown in the United States rarely or briefly. In Germany and the United Kingdom, it is still shown.
- Master Udon says that Sandy must first pass four levels, but she only goes through three. Perhaps Master Udon is the fourth level.
- When Sandy is throwing jelly donuts in The Tickler's mouth, that plate starts out full, and then it starts to get empty. But then when it shows the plate again, it's full.
- When Sandy defeats Master Udon, she says, "You're in the soup now, Udon!" Udon is a type of wheat-based noodle eaten in Japan and often used to make soup.
- This is one of the ten episodes in which the title card has an animation. The others are SB-129, Pre-Hibernation Week, One Krab's Trash, Idiot Box, SpongeBob Meets the Strangler, Skill Crane, All that Glitters, The Donut of Shame, and The Krabby Kronicle.
- Udon locked SpongeBob into a chair. However when Sandy defeats Udon, SpongeBob walks over to Sandy with no explanation of how he escaped, but only his hands were locked so its possible that SpongeBob simply squeezed his hands out of the cuffs and escaped.
- The Tickler speaks like a Japan martial arts expert, where the words he speaks trail his lip movements.
- When Sandy enters the building, she is wearing her air outfit and helmet. When we see her run into The Tickler shortly afterwards she's wearing Beatrix Kiddo's jumpsuit from the Kill Bill movie series. How did she change so quickly?
- Karate Island was voted Episode #1 in The Best Day Ever Marathon but Pat Morita is the best King of all karate from Karate kid. The memorial picture was put. The title says the episode originally ended in a dedication to Noriyuki "Pat" Morita (1932-2005), also known as Mr. Miyagi from the Karate Kid series, who died on November 24, 2005.
- When SpongeBob runs out of his house in excitement about going to the island, his arm was stuck in his floor. When he runs of his house, he has both again.
- The title card was shown in the video that SpongeBob got from the mailman, this episode's art card designers has wrote letters and send them on enevelopes and putting stickers and e-mail adresses on them. Each one has saying "Hey! We used the same title card in the video SpongeBob got from the mailfish".
- This is both of 2 Hand Signal Parodies.
- When Sandy is getting out of the cage, she uses series of hand signals, which refer to the popular anime/manga Naruto.
- Her Last hand Has an Aura Hand is downed Parody From the Japanese TV Series Hikari Sentai Maskman.
- This marks the third time Sandy wears her bikini underwater since Pressure and Procrastination. The fourth time would be in A Flea in Her Dome and the fifth would be Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy.
- At the end of the episode, just right after the zoom-in shot of Udon, you can see a portrait of Pat Morita(the person who voices Udon) , but this rarely happens in the fact that it only appears for half a second. This probably happened to mark the memory of the first Pat Morita after he died on November 24, 2005.
- When Spongebob and Sandy arrived, the boat sank. But when they came out to leave, the boat was there again.
- How did Udon get back to see Squidward if he sank?
- This episode uses elements from the classic Bruce Lee film Game of Death including the yellow jumpsuit that Sandy wears in the Tower.
- As a further nod to Game of Death, Udon falls from the top floor of the tower in a similar manner to Dr. Land, (played by Dean Jagger).
- This is Jennette McCurdy's favorite episode in the The Ultimate SpongeBob Sponge Bash.
- this episode along with Whale of a Birthday gets alot of negative reviews on website because there considered the worst episode of the series
- This is another episode pair not to feature Patrick