|I Had an Accident|
|Previous Episode:||Born Again Krabs|
|Next Episode:||Krabby Land|
I Had an Accident is an episode from Season 3.
- Dr. Gill Gilliam
- Used Napkin
- George the Zebra
- The American Family
- Old fish
SpongeBob, Patrick and Sandy are on Sand Mountain that is very dangerous. Patrick crashes and hurts himself. Then SpongeBob shows off, succeeds but then crashed and broke his butt. At the Bikini Bottom Hospital, Dr. Gill Gilliam is there and he tells SpongeBob what they had to do. He warned SpongeBob that if he has an accident again, then he would go in the Iron Butt. This worries SpongeBob and he becomes extra cautious and becomes extremely worried. When he gets back to his house, he just sits there. Sandy and Patrick are Jellyfishing and come into SpongeBob's House to see him just sitting there with three objects. They ask what SpongeBob is doing and he is just sitting there because he is very worried about doing anything outside. They then ask him how he will continue his job at the Krusty Krab, but he has an extra long Spatula. Then Sandy asks how he will eat. SpongeBob replies and says he will filter food and he shows then how he does it. Then Sandy and Patrick leave and try to make SpongeBob want to come outside. They do many things but it is unsuccessful. SpongeBob has 3 new friends that were revealed soon after Sandy and Patrick were tiring to get him outside. Their names were Chip, Penny and Used Napkin. After more attempts it is still unsuccessful. Then Patrick and Sandy come up with a very smart plan. Sandy pretends to get attacked by a gorilla, who is actually Patrick. Then another Patrick comes but it is revealed to be a Gorilla. Patrick takes off his disguise and they get tortured by the Gorilla. SpongeBob sees the problem and he tries to help them. He is really worried but he does well and tries to save them. He gets caught by the gorilla but then he questions him why a gorilla would be underwater. The Gorilla then says 'George, there onto us' and a zebra runs away with the gorilla and the show ends and Patrick and Sandy are saved. The focus then shifts to a real-world family watching the episode. It is clear that they are very confused about the experience, and the unimpressed father switches off the television.
- Chip gets eaten by Gary, although Chip is supposed to be eaten. However, we are not sure what happens to Used Napkin and Penny.
- The Iron Butt is a parody of the Iron Lung, a device used for people who have Polio.
- How can a gorilla and a zebra breathe underwater?
- This is the first time someone has broken their butt.
- SpongeBob can't break his butt for a couple of reasons: Sponges don't have butts, they certainly aren't made of glass, and and you can't break your butt unless it's made of bones.
- The Gorilla is voiced by Frank Welker.
- According to Tom, the Iron Butt itches. For some reason, Tom is not seen before or after this episode wearing the Iron Butt. However, it is likely that the episodes in which we see him take place either before this episode or the Iron Butt is supposed to be there temporarily so his butt can heal and later episodes in which we see him take place after he has the Iron Butt. It is also likely that he was demonstrating the device.
- A Running Gag: When Sandy and Patrick are trying to get SpongeBob to come out, Old Man Jenkins (or some old guy who needs a bath) comes asking for a bath.
- The episode is also known as "Safety Freak SpongeBob."
- The part where the Gorilla puts Sandy and Patrick in the bag is a reference to the movie, Friday the 13th.
- The title card music is the same as Party Pooper Pants.
- How can SpongeBob break his butt? He is soft.
- Harold is wearing shorts when he asks Spongebob "What's your problem?" but is them later seen in his normal swimsuit on the seven mile spanking machine.
- All of the main characters appear in this episode except Eugene H. Krabs and Sheldon J. Plankton