|Previous Episode:||The Slumber Party|
|Next Episode:||SpongeBob SquarePants vs. The Big One|
"Grooming Gary" is an episode from Season 6.
SpongeBob enters Gary into a pet show, but Gary is not too happy about it. When SpongeBob sees Charles with his award-winning pet, Foofy, he can see how Gary is much less fancy than the other. Together with Patrick, they try to spice Gary up, with a little wash, hair, and a new leash (the old one was a rope). Afterwards, they go back to the show and SpongeBob and Gary entered themselves in (Patrick, though, got upset because he was permitted behind the red line). During the contest, the judge reaches into Gary's shell and the snail freaks out. He then starts a pet riot and alll other pets throw away their accessories and attacked their owners. Then SpongeBob stopped the rampage and communicated to Gary through snail-talk what's going on. It is revealed that all the pets wanted to be treated fairly like they really wanted, not to be fancied up for whatsoever. Hearing this, the judge awards the 1st prize trophy to SpongeBob. He thinks this was all because of Gary, but the judge actually appreciates SpongeBob's "other pet": Patrick disguising as a dog!
- SpongeBob says that Gary usually bites SpongeBob, but in Once Bitten he bit everyone.
- Gary doesn't usually bite SpongeBob, he just did it twice. Once in Once Bitten but the second time on this episode, unless if Gary bites him a lot offscreen.
- SpongeBob keeps a monument of Gary in his heart.
- Gary has a nose in this episode.
- SpongeBob can understand what Gary is saying as he can speak snail.
- Strangely, when the snail bit Fred's leg he didn't yell "My Leg!".
- Gary has teeth which almost look like Patrick's teeth.
- At the end, Patrick has lots of teeth, but in other episodes, he only has one.
- Charles's pet snail Foofy refers to the blanket, Foofy, which Alex has in Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa.