|Fear of a Krabby Patty|
|Previous Episode:||The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie|
|Next Episode:||Shell of a Man|
"Fear of a Krabby Patty" is an episode from Season 4.
Mr. Krabs finishes painting a sign that says that the Krusty Krab is going to be open from 6:00 am to 11:00 pm. Naturally Squidward is furious and SpongeBob is furious too, but only because he wants to start working earlier. He sees Plankton's sign on the Chum Bucket that says 'Chum Bucket open 23 hours'. Mr. Krabs makes the Krusty Krab open 24 hours. When Squidward hears it, he complains but SpongeBob is delighted. Mr. Krabs wrings a bell and announces that it is day 1 of non-stop service each day. Days later, Plankton calls and orders thousands of Krabby Patties. Each day SpongeBob makes patties and counts the patties. As the days go on different scenes at the including old man Jenkins flying around the screen saying hey what the... SpongeBob cannot do it and begins to think that everyone is a Krabby Patty. Mr. Krabs tells SpongeBob to see a psychiatrist. SpongeBob goes to the Chum Bucket because it says 'Dr. P. Lankton: Psychiatrist, specializing in Krabby Patty phobias'. Plankton tries to make SpongeBob say the Krabby Patty formula including arranging names of common kitchen ingredients, but not all methods work. Finally, Plankton hypnotizes SpongeBob and tells him to say the Krabby Patty formula when he wakes up. However, SpongeBob does not wake up when Plankton tells him to. SpongeBob is dreaming about a Krabby Patty. It gives him food and drinks so SpongeBob is not scared of Krabby Patties anymore. He wakes up, thanks Plankton and runs to the Krusty Krab. Mr. Krabs tells SpongeBob that the Krusty Krab will be open for 23 hours. After that, the episode ends.
- This is the first episode in 2005, and after The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie.
- Even though this episode was nominated at the 2005 Prime Time Emmy Awards for Outstanding Animated Program, many fans believe this is the episode that started a downward plunge in episode quality.
- Ever since this episode and the movie, SpongeBob's voice has gotten much higher pitched.
- What happened to the 10,000 patties Plankton ordered? If they were delivered to the disguised Chum Bucket, Plankton could analyze them to find out the secret formula.
- When the giant Krabby Patty in SpongeBob's dream says "I'll always be with you...right here" it pokes SpongeBob in the chest. You will also see that its finger is lit up. This is a reference to the movie E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial, because E.T. did the same thing to Elliot in the movie.
- This is the first episode where things float across the screen to show time passage. A similar one is featured in Skill Crane.
- Why would Mr. Krabs think Plankton was a spider? Spiders hang on web not on rope. Spiders occasionally hang on one web line.
- This is the second episode for the Krusty Krab to be open 24 hours. The first is Graveyard Shift
- How would SpongeBob not know that the doctor's office is the Chum Bucket? Same with Plankton, he doesn't know Plankton's the doctor.
- As SpongeBob enters the Chum Bucket for treatment, we see him walk by the menu. In the next shot we see that he still has not walked passed the menu.
- A piano made out of cards can't move because the cards wouldn't stay in place.
- If SpongeBob has a fear of Krabby Patties, then why didn't he get scared of the picture of it on the paper telling him to go to Dr. P.Lankton? Maybe he didn't look at it.
- Plankton's name Peter Lankton might be a parody of Peter Frampton.
- How can SpongeBob be afraid of Krabby Patties just by getting not much sleep?
- In one scene Mr. Krabs paints the new hours of the Krusty Krab, later he changes it using a pencil.
- The gray-colored pencil to colors gag was used on this episode.
- This is the first episode to use 3D computer animation this obious becuse the animation is stiffer and the color is brighter.
- In 1 Airing, There is no voice acting in this episode after the theme song. Without the voice acting, the episode just played with the background noises and sound effects except for the voice acting. Also, on it's sister episode "Shell of a Man," it had the same error were it plays the episode without the voice acting.