|Airdate:||July 18, 2009|
|Previous Episode:||Pineapple Fever|
|Next Episode:||The Clash of Triton|
"Chum Caverns" is an episode from Season 7.
Time Cards ShownEdit
- 15 Minutes Later
While spying on Krabs, Plankton finds out that Mr. Krabs keeps the Krabby Patty Secret Formula under the floorboards, so Plankton tries to dig under the Krusty Krab to obtain the secret formula. While digging, he hits a rock midway between the Krusty Krab and the Chum Bucket. Plankton tunnels under the rock and discovers a beautiful underground cave and he uses it for a new restaurant that actually attracts customers. The cave dwellers there try to attack Plankton In the caves, but Plankton tames them to work for him as employees. The new restaurant . In those caves, the scenery is so amazing that the customers pay no mind to the quality of the food. There is also a gift shop there. Once Mr. Krabs finds out about this, he digs down to cave level to stop Plankton. The two go into a digging battle, making each other fall into a pit made by the other. While doing this, they become trapped underground for fifteen minutes until Spongebob rescues them. Plankton then uses a jackhammer to dig to the Krusty Krab, but ends up making the restaurant cave in causing the Chum Caverns, along with the Krusty Krab and all it's customers, and Plankton to fall to another cave and become trapped again. Mr Krabs takes advantage of this situation by making a profit off of the "hostage customers".
- A scene can be viewed at SpongeBob.com
- This was shown on the Deep Sea Danger Zone commercial but didn't air, the same goes for the crumbling Krusty Krab, which is shown on this episode, but never aired on the Deep Sea Danger Zone.
- A commercial for this episode was first shown on July 17, 2009, the first day of The Ultimate SpongeBob Sponge Bash. It shows Plankton declaring the name of the cavern and cracking a whip. (a parody of Indiana Jones and his whip) Then, it shows a bunch of customers, and SpongeBob and Patrick talk about how great it is.
- This is the fourth time Mr. Krabs got a beard. The first time was in Clams. The second time was in Friend or Foe?. And the third time was in SpongeBob SquarePants vs. The Big One.
- This aired on July 18, 2009. Afterward, the top ten episodes voted by fans were shown.
- This is the first time Plankton grows a beard.
- It is unknown how the restaurants and the crew got back to the surface.
- If you look closely at the end, Plankton is wearing the Krusty Krab hat. This is the first and only time that Plankton is an employee.