|Previous Episode:||Once Bitten|
"Bummer Vacation" is an episode from Season 4.
Mr. Krabs tells SpongeBob he must take a vacation or they will make Mr. Krabs pay a fine, SpongeBob takes it well, but he mistakes what a vacation is. SpongeBob tries various things to get back inside the Krusty Krab such as, play with his Krusty Krab Playset, help Patrick with fry cooking, delivering stuff, eating there and many more attempts, but all do not do well. Eventually, Mr. Krabs has had enough. He pretends to take SpongeBob home, but drives right past his house. He continues in to bikini woods (Possibly Kelp Forest), and tricks SpongeBob into the woods using his spatula. SpongeBob is not amused by this, and goes mad. He kidnaps Patrick and Goes to work in a Patrick suit. Mr. Krabs finds SpongeBob out, and SpongeBob starts crying that he misses the Grease of the Krusty Krab so much. To SpongeBob’s delight, Mr. Krabs announces that the union cannot fine him anymore, because the vacation time is up. Mr. Krabs shows him how much he has saved, showing him a 10c coin which SpongeBob says is more pay than he gets in a year.. Mr. Krabs says get back to work, and SpongeBob happily acquiesces.
- The title is a parody of summer vacation.
- This episode was originally going to be entitled Bummer Summer.
- This is the second time that SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs are in a boat. The first was in Krabby Land
- When you listen, when SpongeBob interprets the Mr. Krabs figurine, it sounds more like Patchy the Pirate.
- When you look very carefully, you could see the figurines' expression change for some reason.
- Mr. Krabs tells SpongeBob to back up because he is on Krusty Krab property but he made him back up to SpongeBob’s house.
- When Mr. Krabs keeps telling SpongeBob to back away from the Krusty Krab, we have a long screenshot of the view across from the Krusty Krab as SpongeBob is backing away, but the Chum Bucket is not across the street.
- The Davey Jones' Locker is mentioned in this episode.It appeared in the episode Born Again Krabs.
- This is the third time Patrick wears his Krusty Krab hat. The first is in Arrgh!, the second is Big Pink Loser.
- In Squeaky Boots Spongebob knew Mr.Krabs is going on a vacation and Mr.Krabs knew Squidward is going on a vacation, Spongebob has been on a vacation years ago, but in this episode Spongebob doesn't know what is a vacation.
- When SpongeBob says "Take a stop at the next right" to Mr Krabs while he is driving the boat, he does not take a right turn, he just goes straight and passes SpongeBob's, Squidward's, and Patrick's house.
- This is one of few episodes where SpongeBob goes insane.
- Just like the episode Dumped, when Mr. Krabs took his hat and Spat to Patrick, a reference to episode Dumped when Gary comes to Patrick.
- Why is Patrick a figurine with the Krusty Krab Playset? He doesn't work there.
- This episode's plot is simular to Spongebob,You're Fired!