|Born Again Krabs|
|Previous Episode:||Mid-Life Crustacean|
|Next Episode:||I Had an Accident|
"Born Again Krabs" is an episode from Season 3.
- Mr. Krabs
- Flying Dutchman
- Kids and Adults
- Dr. Gill Gilliam
- Patrick (Mentioned)
- Mermaid Man (Mentioned)
After eating a rancid Krabby Patty, Mr. Krabs goes to the hospital where he (supposedly) dies. The Flying Dutchman shows up to take him to the resting place of all cheap people like him, Davy Jones' Locker. But, in order to save himself, Mr. Krabs begins a new life of generosity. He reopens the Krusty Krab and makes it as generous as he can. i.e. making everything on the menu free, giving out a toy with every meal, turning his office into the employee break lounge, allowing a man to watch a movie that hasn't been realized in theaters yet, etc. But, after receiving his credit card bill and realizing he's completely bankrupt, he takes back all the generosity he just gave, and almost tears a man's arm off to get a penny. So, the Flying Dutchman comes back and attempts to take Mr. Krabs to Davy Jones' Locker, but SpongeBob convinces the Flying Dutchman to let Mr. Krabs stay if he decided what was more important to him. Money or his employees! Mr. Krabs chooses money and so the Flying Dutchman takes SpongeBob to the Locker. Squidward convinces Mr. Krabs that he should be ashamed of himself for choosing money over SpongeBob, which makes Mr. Krabs plead to have SpongeBob back. Then, the Flying Dutchman returns and gives SpongeBob back because he was too annoying. The episode ends with SpongeBob calling the Flying Dutchman and annoying him some more with his talking.
- The episode's title is a reference to Born Again Christian, and A Star Is Born.
- This is the first episode Dr. Gill Gilliam gets extremely freaked out.
- The Flying Dutchman gives no mercy, so why did he spare Mr. Krabs?
- When the Flying Dutchman holds out his money and says "62 cents", there is brown and silver coins. Although, when Mr. Krabs holds out the money and says "What, you think I could of got more?", the coins are all brown.
- How does the soda go back up into the machine instead of Mr. Krabs pouring it back in?
- How can all of the movie objects come out of Harold's eyes? Besides, what kind of movie just shows random objects?
- When Mr. Krabs eats a moldy Krabby Patty is a reference to Yoshi eating a moldy coffee he found in the kitchen from Super Mario Bros..
- The old patty is similar to the nasty patty.
- Mermaid Man is mentioned at the end of the episode.
- In the end of the episode the Flying Dutchman is wearing a sock (only green).
- In this episode, Mr. Krabs doesn't care if the patty is tainted. But in Patty Hype he thinks that the green painted patty is gone bad and tries to burn it.
- This is the first time a time card features characters from the show.
- If Squidward doesn't like SpongeBob why would he convince Mr. Krabs that he should be ashamed that he chose Money over SpongeBob? Although in Fools in April he tells SpongeBob that he actually likes him and didn't want SpongeBob to admit it so it may be possible that Squidward likes SpongeBob!