|Previous Episode:||Spy Buddies|
|Next Episode:||Good Ol' Whatshisname|
"Boat Smarts" is an episode from Season 5.
- Boat Smarts with Mrs. Puff
- C.O.B.B.U.T.K.S.B.S.P.O.T.R.A.O.O.B.A.T. (Citizens Of Bikini Bottom United To Keep SpongeBob SquarePants Off The Road and out Of Boats All Together)
- Tire pressure
- Buckling Up
- Adjusting Mirrors
The episode starts with a card displaying: Boat Smarts With Mrs. Puff, then the narrator displays another card saying: C.O.B.B.U.T.K.S.B.S.P.O.T.R.A.O.O.B.A.T. (Citizens Of Bikini Bottom United To Keep SpongeBob SquarePants Off The Road and out Of Boats All Together) Then the tape goes to Mrs. Puff who is sitting on her desk introducing herself to the video. She discusses the good and bad drivers. Squidward is the one with Boat Smarts, but SpongeBob is the one without it.
Mrs., Puff then shows the examples starting with a card displaying: Tire Pressure. It shows Squidward carefully pumping his tire slowly and making sure it gets to a perfect size. SpongeBob though mercilessly and it overloads and blows up and hits Squidward.
After that, it shows another card saying: Buckling Up. This shows Squidward in a boat mobile holding the wheel. The camera zooms in closer and it shows Squidward with his seatbelt in the proper manner. He then starts driving until he sees a Bikini Bottom Traffic lights and he stops. Once Squidward stops, we see SpongeBob crazily speeding around a corner with no regard for safety and possibly with no seatbelt on. He hits Squidward who goes flying into a steamroller. He gets severely hurt.
The next card displays: Adjusting Mirrors. it shows Squidward adjusting his mirrors before he begins to start the boat mobile. Squidward starts the boat and begins to drive. SpongeBob though he adjusts his mirror dangerously while driving with one leg. He hits many fish, although he does not know because he is focusing on the mirror. He then swerves in front of Squidward and Squidward yells at SpongeBob. SpongeBob adjusts the other mirror and hits Squidward with a beam of light and he is blinded until he puts on sunglasses. But Squidward sees a wall and crashes. It shows a crash dummy although instead of the head it shows Squidward's! He says "Ow" while crashed on the wall.
Then you see Mrs. Puff in Squidward's boat mobile talking about paying attention to the surroundings. Squidward drives well. She explains how Squidward's eyes are locked on the road. Then SpongeBob swerving while eating a Krabby Patty and reading. He also shaves and is blinded by the white froth, thus making people crash. When some fish crashes SpongeBob says: "Hi there!" and turns around making even more people crash. Eventually there is a huge stockpile of cars and the owners are very angry. SpongeBob still speeds past, runs over a puddle and slides around saying: "Weeeeeee". SpongeBob then says hi to Mrs. Puff and SpongeBob's boat mobile slips on a mini pebble, strangely making his boat mobile act as a ramp in which Squidward's boat mobile travel over. They fly into the big stockpile of all the cars (The fish run away) and it makes a huge crash. Mrs. Puff blows up very fat and SpongeBob drives past saying: "Looks like you guys forgot your Boat Smarts!, he smiles and drives off, making dust and the low quality recorder stops with Mrs. Puff saying: "Never-mind".
- This is the second instructional video in the series. The first was Krusty Krab Training Video.
- This is the first time we see SpongeBob eating a Krabby Patty while he is driving.
- This video shows that when you have boat smarts (Squidward) you will most likely have bad luck, but when you do not have boat smarts (SpongeBob) nothing bad happens to you.
- Squidward and Mrs. Puff did not forget their boat smarts. Spongebob only said that to tease them.
- During the mirror part of the video, if SpongeBob is in front of Squidward, where is he when Squidward crashes into the wall?
- This is the first time to see Squidward in a boating school based episode the second in Boating Buddies.
- If SpongeBob was blinded, he wasn't he able to drive better (shown in Mrs. Puff, You're Fired )
- This is the first time Squidward is seen with Mrs. Puff. Next would be Boating Buddies.
- When the boat crashes there is a person with Squidwards head, falling down with a white and black circle sign on his head probably relating to crash test dummies.