|Big Pink Loser|
|Previous Episode:||Bossy Boots|
|Next Episode:||Bubble Buddy|
"Big Pink Loser" is an episode from Season 2.
As Patrick wakes up, a mail fish gives him a package. Curious, he opens it, and finds a trophy inside. Excited, he starts showing everyone that he has a trophy (even the jellyfish). He shows SpongeBob, and he reads it out "For outstanding achievement in achievement...SpongeBob SquarePants? Patrick, I think the award is for me, you must have gotten it by mistake." Patrick is disappointed, even more when he sees the contents of SpongeBob's award closet. He really wants an award, so SpongeBob tries to help him. He asks him what he could do, and Patrick thinks of something: "I want to defeat the giant monkey men and save the 9th dimension!" He realizes that that task is extremely hard, and SpongeBob thinks that Patrick should start smaller. So Patrick thinks of another one: "I want to defeat the little monkey men and save the 8th dimension!" SpongeBob suggests starting even smaller tasks. Patrick then comes up with easier tasks, such as being a doctor or a fireman. Finally, when SpongeBob suggests the smallest Patrick can think of, Patrick thinks of a possible task - get a job at the Krusty Krab. Coincidentally, he gets the job at the same time that Squidward quits (probably not really a coincidence). He tries to serve food to the customers, but always ends up eating their orders. He also does not know how to answer the phone, because when they ask him if it's the Krusty Krab, he says "No, this is Patrick" three times! Patrick also ends up sweeping the floor with the broom upside down. Soon, SpongeBob tries to teach him how to open a jar. He does not know what a jar is, so SpongeBob shows him. "Put your hand on the lid". Patrick also does not know what a lid is, so SpongeBob shows him. SpongeBob tells him to do exactly as he does, and opens the jar. Patrick then decides to copy him right down to the clothing he wears, and in the end, he annoys SpongeBob so much that SpongeBob starts to act like Patrick. This continues until Patrick gets an award (for doing nothing longer than anyone else does), and everything becomes normal again.
- When Patrick throws the broom on the ground in the kitchen it disappears after he opens the jar.
- How can a jar break through wood? The jar should break, not the floor.
- After SpongeBob jumps rope, the jump rope completely disappears into thin air after he had been sliced and falls to the ground.
- When Patrick copies SpongeBob in the kitchen, they "drop" their spatulas. Afterwards, SpongeBob and Patrick point to each other, but the spatulas are nowhere to be seen.
- After SpongeBob finishes his card house, the shape of the card house resembles Gary.
- This is the most popular season 2 episode, voted by fans.
- When Patrick jumps out of the water and tells the island he got an award, the island is only the size of Patrick. However, in Hooky, the island is considered gigantic to the fishermen's boats that were around it. The island may be in the distance.
- When Patrick throws away all his SpongeBob clothes, he also throws his new trophy.
- When SpongeBob sets his supposedly "fake" hand on the hot stovetop, his entire arm is clearly seen as he lowers it, revealing his real arm that is actually attached to his body. However, he could have just grown another arm. (See Graveyard Shift)
- The episode is a reference to the film "Big Fat Liar".
- This is the first episode where the plot is about Patrick whether being departed or having stupidity, the second is I'm with Stupid and Patrick SmartPants.
- During the part where SpongeBob and Patrick put their hands on the grill, SpongeBob is seen using a fake hand. This is probably the Goofy Goober Backscratcher from Chimps Ahoy. And also, we never see SpongeBob get a fake hand. And he uses his real hand to pick up his spatula.
- When Patrick says he's going to protect his title, his mouth stops moving early.