|Best Day Ever|
|Previous Episode:||Squid Wood|
|Next Episode:||The Gift of Gum|
"Best Day Ever" is an episode from Season 4.
Patchy Hosting SegmentsEdit
- Mr. Krabs
- Mr. Sun
- Mrs. Puff
- SpongeBob's House
- Krusty Krab
- Jellyfish Fields
- The place where Squidward's clarinet recital was held
The episode starts out with the song, "Best Day Ever." Afterward, SpongeBob's "Best Day Ever" does not turn out as he planned when he has to postpone his activities to help his friends with their problems. He wanted to work at the Krusty Krab, have some karate with Sandy, go jellyfishing with Patrick using his new high-tech jellyfishing net, and then go to Squidward's clarinet recital. First, he ran over to the Krusty Krab, only to find that it was condemned due to a severe nematode infestation. SpongeBob led them away by playing the flute on his nose, in which they become hypnotized, and then they fell asleep, like the story of the Pied Piper. He then goes to Sandy's treedome for karate, but Sandy says that she is too busy with a leak in her dome that is letting water in. SpongeBob fixes it as he goes flying to the roof and his karate glove sticks to the crack. Afterwards, he heads over to Jellyfish Fields to go jellyfishing with Patrick, but Patrick broke his net, and then broke SpongeBob's old net. SpongeBob gives Patrick his brand-new net, and had nothing to Jellyfish with. SpongeBob meets up with Squidward, who says that he cannot play in the concert because his clarinet reed is shot. Angry because most of his day is ruined, SpongeBob pulls out one of his teeth to replace the reed.He then tries to go in but the doorman will not let him in without a ticket, which he does not have. He tries various methods of sneaking in such as a fake SpongeBob marionette as a distraction, and cutting through the ceiling, but at last, he got inside, because he is on the VIP list. However, he gets in right as the concert ends. He is very mad that everything went wrong and gives a long and elaborate speech about how his Best Day Ever was ruined. But then, his friends tell him about how SpongeBob helped them with their problems out of his kindness and teach him it's not about "perfect days", it's about having friends. However, to make it up to him, they hold a production in which SpongeBob performs his song, "The Best Day Ever", to complete his real Best Day Ever with his friends by his side. After a few hours, SpongeBob is still singing, but his friends are tired and sleepy.
- The Best Day Ever was the most-highest watched SpongeBob short, because of immense marketing around United States, and celebrating a 24-hour SpongeBob SquarePants Marathon on Labor Day.
- Squidward’s costume is a parody from the * album called Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band.
- Squidward is better than usual at playing his clarinet.
- When SpongeBob gets the nematodes away from the Krusty Krab by playing his nose, it is similar to the Pied Piper of Hamelin.
- When you see SpongeBob at the Krusty Krab, the lock is on the Krusty Krab door. When you see it a second time, there is no lock, even though you see the nemitodes eating the lock..
- In The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie, you can hear the song in the end credits. (It is the last song.)Athough in the episode it is different.
- During the end of the episode, when SpongeBob is singing about "the perfect job starts his perfect day", the painted 'Krusty Krab' sign changes to 'K.K.' after he flips the patty.
- Although the episode was a huge commercial success, it met with mixed reviews, getting 6.1 out of 10.0 on IMDB.
- The sun can't move into SpongeBob's room. And if his bed caught on fire, why didn't SpongeBob catch on fire? And anyways, there can't be fire underwater.
- The last scene of the Krusty Krab and the nematodes shows the Krusty Krab is back to normal!!
- How can Patrick break his net that fast? Right when he has a good net, it suddenly breaks right before SpongeBob goes to Patrick.
- How can SpongeBob say that it's his best day ever if the day isn't over yet?
- When SpongeBob explodes, he comes out of his house while his shavings are still coming down from the roof.
- When Spongebob pulls out his tooth to fix Squidward's clarinet, his tooth grows back the next scene and so after.
- The title makes no sense, it was his worst day ever (Losing one of his gloves, KK being closed, etc.).
- This is the second episode where SpongeBob says The Best Day Ever.The first episode was Jellyfishing.
- In the marathon before the episode premeired, when the SpongeBob Movie credits were on, they took out the Best Day Ever song.
- In the Best Day Ever soundtrack manual, it gives an exclusive code for the Creature from the Krusty Krab video game.
- When the jellyfish sting and make a heart, SpongeBob is in that sting and he doesn't even get stung! That's very impossible for that to happen!
Episode TV SpecialEdit