|Previous Episode:||The Secret Box|
|Next Episode:||Graveyard Shift|
"Band Geeks" is an episode from Season 2.
Time cards shownEdit
- Day Two
- Day Three
- Day Four
- Squilliam Fancyson
- Mr. Krabs
- Larry the Lobster
- Mrs. Puff
- Miss Shell
- The Squid from Bossy Boots & Wormy
- Rest of band
- Dr. Gill Gilliam
- Dr. Gill Gilliam's Helpers
- Joe (in multiples)
Sweet Victory I'm On A Boat
Squidward is practicing his clarinet peacefully, and a doctor comes in, thinking Squidward has a sick animal. Squidward slams the door, but receives a call. He picks up the telephone, and it's Squilliam Fancyson from band class! He claims to suppose to play at the "Bubble Bowl", but cannot make it, and asks Squidward and his "band" to perform. Squidward, determined to play well, tries to get a band. Various people read the advertisements.
At 8:35, Squidward is driving over to the band rehearsal building, angry that the music rental clerk made him late. He comes in and plays six notes on his clarinet. The brass and woodwind repeat, however, the percussion section blow on their drumsticks and they hit Squidward. Later, Squidward tells everyone to stand in straight rows of 5, and Spongebob asks if this is the part where they start kicking (a chorus line) and then Patrick responds by kicking Sandy, who then responds by beating up Patrick and replacing his neck with a trombone.
Squidward's band is out marching on day two. Squidward orders the band almost perfectly, until he instructs the flag twirlers to "spin those flags". They spin the flags so quickly that they fly up like propellers into a blimp, causing their death. One of the trumpeters played "Taps", the rest of the band put their hands on their hearts, and Squidward curls up on the ground.
Squidward asks to see Plankton's harmonica solo, but it doesn't work very well because Plankton is extremely tired half way!
Squidward instructs the band to play as loudly as they can, but the great force of the sound waves blow Squidward's physical features back. He then instructs them to play softly, but a huge fight breaks out. Eventually, band class is over. Squidward appears at the doors as the players leave, telling them not to come to the Bubble Bowl. SpongeBob, horrified at how the band members crushed Squidward's dream, takes over conducting the band.
Squidward finds Squilliam Fancyson at the concert, which is in the Bubble Bowl in the center of a human football oval, who apparently only came to see Squidward flop, like always. However, the band plays Sweet Victory with lead singer SpongeBob (David Glen Eisley) and turns out to be a great success! Squilliam suffers a heart attack and is carried away. Squidward is shown jumping up in happiness, and the screen fades to end the episode.
- After "Tea at the Treedome", "Help Wanted", "Krusty Love", "Doing Time", " Something Smells ", Suds, Home Sweet Pineapple, "New Student Starfish", and No Free Rides
- 8:35PM: Squidward arrives
- The song used in this episode, Sweet Victory, was performed by David Glen Eisley of the 1980s heavy metal band, Giuffria.
- When everyone in the room is saying "blah, blah, blah," SpongeBob and Patrick are sitting next to each other. However, when Patrick asks if mayonnaise is an instrument, he is sitting next to Sandy. The only way this is possible is if SpongeBob was next to Patrick on his other side, but when Mr. Krabs asks when they get the free food, Sandy is on one side of the room (viewers' left) in the front row and SpongeBob is on the other side (viewers' right) in the center row.
- The song that Squidward's band wanted to play was Love Rollercoaster by the Ohio Players.
- Throughout the scenes of the rehearsals, people have been playing different instruments. For example, SpongeBob (on the first day) played the drums. Then (on day four) he played the trumpet. Also, Mr. Krabs and Mrs. Puff on the first day played the concertina (Krabs) and the clarinet (Puff). On the fourth day, they both played the cymbals.
- When Squidward asks the brass section to repeat after him, Pearl Krabs is seen with a saxophone. However, a saxophone is a woodwind and should have been placed within the wind section.
- Everyone thinks that they should do something for Squidward, but Squidward never did anything for them nice or very kind.
- At the beginning, Squilliam says his band won't be playing because he couldn't make it to the performance, which paved the way for the entire episode. However, Squilliam actually does show up to see Squidward's band play. It may be he was lying about him not being able to play and just did it to see Squidward make a fool of himself.
- How can Sandy play the saxphone if she has her air helmet on in the rehearsal?
- The Bubble Bowl is probably a parody of the Super Bowl.
- This is the second episode where Harold has an Australian accent. The first was Squirrel Jokes.
- When Spongebob started singing Sweet Victory it was marked the best moment in Nicktoons history.
- This is the first time Patrick says "You're welcome." to a sarcastic thank you. The second time was in New Student Starfish.
- In day 2 when they play the band in the background you can see Pearl's head Extremley big.
- This is the first apperance of Squilliam.
- When Squidward clenched his teeth in the explosion, the were the same colour as his skin and no cracks
- Spongebob singing Sweet Victory was remixed by various of fans after its release
- Squilliam is also voiced by Rodger Bumpass who is the voice of Squidward. As if he's talking to himself.
- Mrs. Puff and Mr. Krabs never met before when Puff hits Krabs with her symbols. They will date in Krusty Love.
- This is David Archuleta's favorite episode in The Ultimate SpongeBob Sponge Bash.
- This is the third time Patrick gets beat up by Sandy.The first two were Survival of the Idiots and Texas.
- Despite it was not on the top 10 picks of The Ultimate SpongeBob Sponge Bash it was still a famous episode
- All of the main characters appear in this episode except Gary