|As Seen on TV|
|Previous Episode:||One Krab's Trash|
|Next Episode:||Can You Spare a Dime?|
"As Seen on TV" is an episode from Season 3.
Time Cards ShownEdit
- Mr. Krabs
- Krusty Krab Customers
- Commercial Crew
- Mr. Doodles
- Old Man Jenkins
- Second Mr. Krabs
Mr. Krabs is making a commercial for the Krusty Krab and Squidward direct it. When Mr. Krabs finds out how much money Squidward is using, he decides to direct it himself. SpongeBob only has two cameo appearances in the commercial. After the commercial airs, SpongeBob thinks he is famous after he is addressed by Old Man Jenkins (who he mistaken for the cereal box in a commercial for Bran Flakes). Then he hears two fish talk about "Glandy Mcpinkfish" and how he should cut a solo record, but SpongeBob again thinks that they are talking about him. He quits being a fry cook and starts entertaining, much to the chagrin of the customers and Squidward. When SpongeBob tries juggling, he accidentally slips and falls on the ground. Just as he thinks that his career is over, a patty drops on the grill. However, the customers are pleased, and SpongeBob actually makes Krabby Patties for them without knowing he is acting as a fry cook.
- In this episode, SpongeBob is called a cereal box. SpongeBob was also called a cereal box in the episode Pre-Hibernation Week.
- The second Krusty Krab disappears for the rest of the episode.
- Mr. Krabs is shown with his pet worm, Mr. Doodles for only the second time in the series (the first time was in the episode Sandy's Rocket).
- The second Krusty Krab is similar to the "Krusty Krab 2" from The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie. It should be noted that this episode was released two years before the film.
- The background music playing during the commercial is the same as on the title card.
- In this episode, SpongeBob sang "Striped Sweater" in his normal voice. Usually, he would change his voice in uncommon situations, like singing. In Welcome to the Chum Bucket, he also sings in his normal voice.
- The crowd, in unison, asked for "onions and cheese!" but no cheese was being shown placed on the patties.
- A Krabby Patty was being shown flipped up in the air at the exact end of the episode, but froze in mid-air a split-second before fade-out.
- At the end of the episode, SpongeBob puts a load of Krabby Patties on the Grill. In the next shot, the amount lessens. Next, there is only five. Then there is six.
- Closed-captioning error: near the beginning of this episode, Mr. Krabs says to Squidward "What in Neptune's name is going on here?" However, the captions said "the toons' name" instead of "Neptune's name."
- When SpongeBob is told he was seen on TV by Old Man Jenkins, his outline turns straight.
- How could a commercial have 37 scenes?
- During the "commercial", you see Pearl (or Amy), but she was never at rehearsal. She probably appeared before the showing time.